If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com. Now, let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- How do you deal with constant negativity when you’re surrounded by it almost 24/7?
- How do you keep yourself up to date with real-world issues, remove the noise or work around it, and decide what to focus on and when?
- Is there body language that can counteract your naturally intimidating appearance?
- How can you offer to correct someone’s grammar without being offensive?
- Is there anything wrong with maintaining distance when you’ve fallen out of touch with some of the people in your network? Is it possible they became “weak and dormant ties” for a reason?
- If you don’t have a degree, how can you market yourself in a way that will bypass the resume gatekeeper and at least get an interview?
- How do you make it clear to your friend that texting and driving endangers lives?
- As haggard old-timers, what is the number one thing we wish young people understood today?
- Moving from a small town to the big city and networking in an industry can be a huge adjustment. What tips do we have for making the transition?
- Recommendation of the Week: Swiped: Hooking Up in the Digital Age
- Quick shoutouts to first-month law student Carroll, shrewd negotiator John Schantz, The Tony Hawk Foundation, and American Dream University!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
- Have Alexa and want flash briefings from The Jordan Harbinger Show? Go to jordanharbinger.com/alexa and enable the skill you’ll find there!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Ever dreamt of having the cleanest bum on the block? Omigo reinvented the toilet seat so you never have to use toilet paper again! Curious? Get $100 off your order by going to myomigo.com/jordan!
Purple is more than the best color in the world — it’s a revolutionary way to improve sleep. Pick your perfect Purple at purple.com and text JORDAN to 474747 to get a free pillow with the purchase of a mattress and the best rest of your life!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Do you want fancy designer jeans that look pretty at the club or good-looking but functional jeans that adventurers, go-getters, and rodeo riders have relied on for over 70 years? Try Wrangler — denim made for the modern world. Check ’em out here!
Sign up for Level One of Advanced Human Dynamics — our free networking and relationship development mini course at advancedhumandynamics.com/levelone!
Resources from This Episode:
- Special Guests Dino and Bam Bam
- TJHS 99: Todd Garner | Getting Big Stuff Done in a Small Talk Town
- TJHS 100: Jason Calacanis | Advice from the Most Successful Angel Investor
- Fireside Conference
- The 20 Canned Rosés to Order Online This Summer by Elizabeth Buxton, Refinery29
- Reddit: The Front Page of the Internet
- The 10 Best Free RSS Reader Apps in 2018
- Sitwell’s Job Offer to GOB, Arrested Development
- Matt Dillon in There’s Something about Mary
- Aaron Burr, Sir, Hamilton
- Double Dragon, Good Bad Flicks
- Johnny Cage vs. Scorpion, Mortal Kombat
- Grammar Girl
- Gabriel Mizrahi
- Darwin Awards
- TJHS 36: David Burkus | How to Become a Networking Superconnector
- The Great Courses Plus
- Here’s What It Looks like When You Replace Photographers with iPhone-Wielding Reporters by Jakob Schiller, Wired
- Kiki Challenge Fails
- 5 Simple Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction In 2018 by Therese Schwenkler, HuffPost
- Ten Arguments for Deleting Your Social Media Accounts Right Now by Jaron Lanier
- Triple J Radio Stream, Radioau.net
- Swiped: Hooking Up in the Digital Age
- TJHS 90: Jonathan Haidt | The Danger of Good Intentions and Safe Spaces
- Alex Kouts Negotiation Series: 1, 2, and 3.
- The Tony Hawk Foundation
- American Dream University