Chris Hadnagy (@humanhacker) is the CEO of Social-Engineer, LLC and The Innocent Lives Foundation and the co-author of Human Hacking: Win Friends, Influence People, and Leave Them Feeling Better for Having Met You.
What We Discuss with Chris Hadnagy:
- How you and those around you are vulnerable to cyberattack and what you can do about it.
- There’s no patch for stupidity: why human error is usually to blame for most “technical” errors.
- How the necessity of allowing people to work from home during the pandemic has created new and exciting cybersecurity problems to solve.
- Best practices for keeping your smart devices from making you feel like a big dummy.
- How the way you’re using passwords could probably be improved.
- And much more…
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Chris Hadnagy is the CEO of Social-Engineer, LLC and The Innocent Lives Foundation. He has been in the industry since he helped start it over 15 years ago. As a husband, father of two, business owner, author, professor, and speaker he has learned how to use social engineering skills not just in his job but in everyday life to leave those he meets better for having met him. This is why it’s hardly surprising that he’s the co-author of Human Hacking: Win Friends, Influence People, and Leave Them Feeling Better for Having Met You.
On this bonus episode, Chris joins us to discuss why cyber security is rooted in very human problems, where our greatest vulnerabilities lie, and what we can do to safeguard ourselves in a world of technology that even people at the highest levels of our own governments don’t understand. Listen, learn, and enjoy!
Please Scroll Down for Featured Resources and Transcript!
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Jordan Harbinger Show receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you for your support!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Thanks, Chris Hadnagy!
If you enjoyed this session with Chris Hadnagy, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out at Twitter:
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com.
Resources from This Episode:
- Social-Engineer, Inc.
- Innocent Lives Foundation
- Chris Hadnagy | Twitter
- Chris Hadnagy | Facebook
- Chris Hadnagy | Instagram
- Chris Hadnagy | LinkedIn
- How Amazon Sidewalk Works — and Why You May Want to Turn It Off | Wired
- Hackers Breach Thousands of Security Cameras, Exposing Tesla, Jails, Hospitals | Bloomberg
- Help! My Ex Hacked My Entire Home! | Feedback Friday | Jordan Harbinger
- Mo Brooks Appears to Tweet His Email Password While Complaining about Democrat Serving Him in Riot Lawsuit | The Independent
- The World’s Most-Loved Password Manager | 1Password
Sign up to receive email updates
Enter your name and email address below and I'll send you periodic updates about the podcast.