A-Rod (aka Alex Rodriguez) () is a 3x MVP, 14-time All-Star, and World Series champion. As of 2016, he was the highest-paid player in major league baseball history. After 23 years in the game, he’s an investor and business mentor preaching the gospel of financial literacy for all.
What We Discuss with A-Rod:
The concept of VCP: vision, capital, and people.What Alex has learned about business from mentors like Warren Buffett and Magic Johnson, and what he hopes to pass on to his own mentees.
How growing up as a poor kid in Miami informs the way Alex treats people today.
The need for financial literacy to become part of the American education system’s core curriculum.
The “Breakfast Club” that keeps Alex’s relationship with his daughters real.
And much more…
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Even when you’re the highest-paid player in major league baseball history with accolades galore, there’s no guarantee your post-game life will proceed with comparable success. In fact, 78% of former NFL players, 60% of former NBA players, and a similarly high percentage of MLB players go broke within just a few years of retiring. But after 23 years of playing professional baseball, A-Rod (aka Alex Rodriguez) wasn’t about to let his story end at chapter 11.
On this episode, Alex joins us to discuss how mentors like Magic Johnson and Warren Buffett have kept him on the right path, what helping his single mother hide money in a mattress when he was a kid taught him about the importance of financial literacy (and why it should be part of our basic educational curriculum), how a “Breakfast Club” keeps Alex’s relationship with his daughters real, what he’s taken away from years of therapy, and much more. Listen, learn, and enjoy!
Please Scroll Down for Featured Resources and Transcript!
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Jordan Harbinger Show receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you for your support!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
If you enjoyed this session with A-Rod, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out at Twitter:
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com.
Resources from This Episode:
- A-Rod Corp.
- A-Rod | Twitter
- A-Rod | Instagram
- A-Rod | Facebook
- Alex Rodriguez Stats | Baseball Reference
- Alex Rodriguez Invests in MMA Fight Promoter PFL, Joins Its Board of Directors | Bloomberg
- Alex Rodriguez, Marc Lore Officially Join Ownership Group of Minnesota Timberwolves | NBA
- Alex Rodriguez and Miami-Based Investors Group Buy the Luxurious Washington DC Hotel from Trump Organization for a Whopping $375 Million | Sportskeeda
- How (And Why) Athletes Go Broke | Sports Illustrated
- Warren Buffett | Wikiquote
- Ted Williams, Baseball’s Last .400 Hitter, Is Dead at 83 | The New York Times
- Magic Johnson Stats | Basketball Reference
- Cameron! Kate! Madonna! Alex Rodriguez’s Dating History | People
- Kabbalah and Mysticism 101 | My Jewish Learning
- Alex Rodriguez Says PED Suspension Cost Him His Reputation, More Than $40M | Bleacher Report
- A-Rod Opens Up on the Highs & Lows of his Career to Becoming a Business Mogul | The Pivot Podcast
- How Baseball’s A-Rod Became Alex Rodriguez the Investor | Bloomberg Quicktake
- Alex Rodriguez Says He’s Focusing on the Positive Following the Past Year (Exclusive) | Entertainment Tonight
- A-Rod: Ped Usage Shouldn’t Ban Players from Hall of Fame | First Take
- Alex Rodriguez (aka “A-Rod”): Life and Business Lessons | Greenwich Economic Forum
- Alex Rodriguez on Investing Opportunities | Bloomberg Live
Sign up to receive email updates
Enter your name and email address below and I'll send you periodic updates about the podcast.