If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at [email protected]. Now, let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- How do you start finding opportunities in a newly created niche, and how do you find the factor that differentiates you from others in your field?
- Should a new author stick to self publishing, or is it worth it to chase a literary agent?
- Was LinkedIn founder Reid Hoffman mistaken when he said: “If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late?”
- Should you bring in a more experienced partner for your new business — even if you’d really rather go it alone?
- How do you price a new business?
- When learning to run the family business, how do you strike a healthy balance between respect for tradition and courage to try a new approach?
- How do you come up with a great new business name?
- Should you stay or should you go when the startup in which you have equity is run by a toxic b-hole?
- Recommendation of the Week: The China Hustle
- Shoutouts to Carisha Cabasa and her brothers, and American Dream University!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at [email protected]!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Christopher on Twitter at @lochhead and check him out on The Legends and Losers Podcast.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
- Have Alexa and want flash briefings from The Jordan Harbinger Show? Go to jordanharbinger.com/alexa and enable the skill you’ll find there!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Need custom graphics, logos, or Web design? Access a community of 600,000+ designers by registering at designcrowd.com/jordan and enjoy up to $100 off with The Jordan Harbinger Show bonus offer!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Do you want fancy designer jeans that look pretty at the club or good-looking but functional jeans that adventurers, go-getters, and rodeo riders have relied on for over 70 years? Try Wrangler — denim made for the modern world. Check ’em out here!
Want to learn from the people Jordan credits with teaching him everything he knows about public speaking? Check out Heroic Public Speaking Live 2018 here!
Join Ladygang’s Jac Vanek, true crime TV producer Alexis Linkletter, and investigative journalist Billy Jensen on a chilling ride into the darkest corners of your worst nightmares on The First Degree at PodcastOne here!
Sign up for Level One of Advanced Human Dynamics — our free networking and relationship development mini course at advancedhumandynamics.com/levelone!
Resources from This Episode:
- 81: Michael Pollan | A Renaissance in the Forbidden Science of Psychedelics
- 82: Vanessa Van Edwards | Pumping up the Volume of Nonverbal Communication
- Legends and Losers 135: Jordan Harbinger: Betting Big on Yourself After A Business Breakup
- Play Bigger: How Pirates, Dreamers, and Innovators Create and Dominate Markets by Al Ramadan, Dave Peterson, Christopher Lochhead, and Kevin Maney
- Niche Down: How To Become Legendary By Being Different by Christopher Lochhead and Heather Clancy
- “If You’re Not Embarrassed By The First Version Of Your Product, You’ve Launched Too Late” by Nick Saint, Business Insider
- What Is the Meaning Behind the Band Name Goo Goo Dolls?, Quora
- Barcade — The Original Arcade Bar
- Nothing Bundt Cakes
- Cottage Inn Gourmet Pizza
- The China Hustle
- Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room
- American Dream University