Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Jason DeFillippo (@jpdef) banter every week and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday! Corbin Payne (@the_sue_chef) makes a cameo appearance in this one to help us cope with a bit of a legal pickle.
If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com. Now, let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- You got a promotion only to accidentally discover that the person who does your old job makes more than you do now. Now how do you leverage for a real raise?
- Should you feign interest in something you don’t really care about for the sake of mingling with business clients?
- As a parent of young adults who carry the scars of trauma from your imperfect marriage to their other parent, how can you help them move through their current challenges?
- Now that you followed the advice from Alex Kouts in our three-part negotiation series and landed a new job, your current coworkers are kind of cold toward you. How can you make your last two weeks with them bearable?
- As a woman with a loud voice who punctuates her speech with spirited hand gestures in a male-dominated industry, how can you shed the all-too-common impression that you’re somehow being unprofessional?
- Advice and strategies for moving on to new pastures and developing new friendships after the beautiful realization that life doesn’t revolve around drinking.
- When your spouse is fired from the industry in which you both work but wants to make it seem like it was a voluntary move, how can you express support without being caught in an ass-biting, credibility-diminishing lie?
- Who’s at fault when someone crashes into your rental car, you’ve only been speaking the local language for five years, and the police believe the other guy’s story? Resident Jordan Harbinger Show Legal Mind Corbin Payne weighs in.
- Recommendation of the Week: Upgrade
- Shoutouts to Max in Germany and Ignacio Flores!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
- Connect with Corbin on Twitter at @the_sue_chef.
- Have Alexa and want flash briefings from The Jordan Harbinger Show? Go to jordanharbinger.com/alexa and enable the skill you’ll find there!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Do you want fancy designer jeans that look pretty at the club or good-looking but functional jeans that adventurers, go-getters, and rodeo riders have relied on for over 70 years? Try Wrangler — denim made for the modern world. Check ’em out here!
Enhance your daily routine by mixing up a mushroom coffee to start your morning, sip a mushroom matcha in the afternoon, and then unwind in the evening with a mushroom hot cacao by Four Sigmatic for 15 percent off using this link and entering code JORDAN at checkout!: foursigmatic.com/jordan
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Hosted by Brooke Gittings and Bill Kurtis, Cold Case Files explores some of the most difficult-to-solve murders, which stymied investigators and went cold, sometimes for decades. Check it out here on PodcastOne!
Resources from This Episode:
- TJHS 84: Charles Ryu | Confessions of a North Korean Escape Artist Part One
- TJHS 85: Jim Kwik | How to Unlock Your Brain’s Secret Superpowers
- TJHS 70: Alex Kouts | The Secrets You Don’t Know About Negotiation Part One
- Top 5 Salary Comparison Tools 2018
- Don’t Follow Your Passion with Mike Rowe, PragerU
- Niche Down: How To Become Legendary By Being Different by Christopher Lochhead and Heather Clancy
- A Pirate Looks At Forty by Jimmy Buffett
- Keep on Loving You by REO Speedwagon
- The Benjamin Franklin Effect: The Surprising Psychology of How to Handle Haters by Maria Popova, Brain Pickings
- Radical Candor: Be a Kick-Ass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity by Kim Scott
- Lying by Sam Harris and Annaka Harris
- Avvo — Resolve Any Legal Issue
- Upgrade (documentary)