Frank Bourassa counterfeited and sold $250 million in fake US currency until he was nabbed in an undercover operation. Now he runs a security company and works with the police to catch other counterfeiters. This is part two of a two-part episode. Catch up with part one here!
What We Discuss with Frank Bourassa:
- How someone creates a quarter of a billion dollars in American $20 bills that not only look genuine, but feel genuine even to experts.
- The hours of research that Frank spent learning how to create counterfeit money that would pass most muster without immediately going to jail on his first attempt.
- The catalyst that drove Frank to pursue a life of crime in the first place (and has probably tempted most of us to consider it from time to time).
- It takes money to make money: Frank reveals the startup fees that went into his operation to literally print the perfect $20 bills en masse.
- How much labor actually goes into a counterfeiting project at this scale — once you find a crew you think you can trust.
- And much more…
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Recognized by law enforcement as the first and foremost validated authority in the counterfeiting world today, Frank Bourassa didn’t start out trying to catch counterfeiters — he was a counterfeiter himself, shaking his money faker operation to the tune of $250 million in US$20 bills. When the formidable international task force intent on bringing him down eventually caught up with him, he managed to become a free man again after serving only six weeks in prison and paying a $1,350 (Canadian!) fine. How’d he manage that? Only Frank Bourassa and the feds know.
In this two-part episode, we’ll examine the extreme measures Frank took to create the most undetectable $20 bills ever made — and that are still in circulation long after Frank’s 2012 arrest (maybe you spent one today). We’ll hear about where the money went after he printed it, how he was eventually found out by the feds, and how he uses his talents to assist them today. This is part two of a two-part episode. Catch up with part one here! Listen, learn, and enjoy!
Please Scroll Down for Featured Resources and Transcript!
Public Rec is where indoor comfort meets outdoor style. Apparel with a place and purpose, in every wardrobe. Free Exchanges. Free Returns. Free Shipping. Go to publicrec.com/harbinger and use promo code HARBINGER to get 10% off!
Better Help offers affordable, online counseling at your convenience. If you’re coping with depression, stress, anxiety, addiction, or any number of issues, you’re not alone. Talk with a licensed professional therapist for 10 percent off your first month at betterhelp.com/jordan!
HostGator has been around almost as long as the Internet. Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Don’t let a botched below-the-belt trim snag your summer plans — Manscaped has precision tools for your family jewels! Go to Manscaped.com and get 20 percent off with free shipping by using code JORDAN20 at checkout!
Miss our two-parter with Bridgewater Associates founder and world-famous investor Ray Dalio? Start catching up with episode 389: Ray Dalio | Principles of an Investing Pioneer Part One here!
The Adam Carolla Show is the number one daily downloaded podcast in the World! Get it on as Adam shares his thoughts on current events, relationships, airport security, specialty pizzas, politics, and anything else he can complain about — five days a week on PodcastOne here!
THANKS, FRANK BOURASSA!
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources from This Episode:
- Frank Bourassa | Website
- Know Your Money: Counterfeit Awareness | United States Secret Service
- Frank Bourassa on How He Counterfeited $250 Million | Business Insider
- The Great Paper Caper | GQ
- This Man Made $250M in Counterfeit Money and Got Away with It* | GQ
- Can You Spot a Fake $100 Bill? The World’s Greatest Counterfeiter Shows You How | GQ
- How to Print $250 Million in Fake Money and (Mostly) Get Away With It | Vice
- Master Currency Counterfeiter Prints Millions, Says ‘Screw You’ to US | ABC News
- On Master Counterfeiter Frank Bourassa | Loyal Nana
Sign up to receive email updates
Enter your name and email address below and I'll send you periodic updates about the podcast.