You recently had a revelation that your spouse has zero respect for you. On a daily basis, you’re reminded how to do basic tasks and criticized for every minor mistake you make. You’ve also noticed that they never value your advice, and if they have a question about something — no matter how confident your answer is — they’ll always ask someone else afterward as if they don’t value or believe your answer. You work hard, have a good job that supports your family on your income alone, you help out around the house probably more than most in your position, and you’re going to school to further your education and job opportunities even more. The big question is: If they really do have zero respect for you, how can you win back your spouse’s respect? We’ll try to answer this and much more on the latest Feedback Friday!
And in case you didn’t already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Jason DeFillippo (@jpdef) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Now let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- Interested in doing some prison time with Jordan next February? It’s filling up fast; reach out to email@example.com for details!
- From the way you’re treated in public and private, you recently had a revelation that your spouse of several years has zero respect for you. Even if you can figure out why, can respect ever be regained after it’s lost? If so, how?
- You’re trying to get through college as an introvert, but your challenges are going as expected. Once people have an impression of you as an unfriendly person fixed in their minds, is it possible to change it?
- You’re trying to move into another role at your current company; you had a great interview and thought it was a sure thing. But they chose someone else and you wonder what went wrong. What can you do to improve your chances next time?
- Your significant other isn’t pulling their weight financially. How can you tactfully approach the matter without making them feel completely worthless, and what can you do to ensure they understand the concept of “adulting?”
- You’re from a developing nation and, thanks to the Internet, you relate more to Western culture than the one in which you were raised. Unfortunately, any potential significant other isn’t on board with your “radical” views. Should you seek love in another land even though you don’t have a lot of money to travel?
- You’re young, and so are most of your network connections. Should you still work on this younger network, or should you try to build an older network while maintaining the one you currently have?
- Life Pro Tip: Want to connect with others by sharing your information without relying on tired old business cards? Print a QR code that contains your contact info in vCard format and put it on the back of your phone.
- Recommendations of the Week: Inside Bill’s Brain: Decoding Bill Gates and Navigating Bill Gates’ Brain with Netflix Filmmaker Davis Guggenheim, The Verge
- A quick shout out to Konnor!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, join his podcasting club, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Rocket Mortgage by Quicken Loans. Apply simply. Understand fully. Mortgage confidently. To get started, go to RocketMortgage.com/JORDAN!
NetSuite by Oracle allows you to manage sales, finances, accounting, orders, and HR for your business instantly on the cloud from anywhere! Download your free guide — Seven Key Strategies to Grow Your Profits — at netsuite.com/jordan!
Resources from This Episode:
- Mubin Shaikh | Up Close with an Undercover Jihadi, TJHS 261
- Tip “T.I.” Harris | ExpediTIously Expressive, TJHS 262
- Better Help
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain
- Introverts Are Better at Sizing People Up Than the Rest of Us, Vice
- Six-Minute Networking
- QR Code Generator
- Stocard — Your Mobile Wallet
- Inside Bill’s Brain: Decoding Bill Gates
- Navigating Bill Gates’ Brain with Netflix Filmmaker Davis Guggenheim, The Verge