Brandon Turner (@brandonatbp) is a real estate investor, co-host of The BiggerPockets Podcast, and author of The Book on Investing In Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down.
What We Discuss with Brandon Turner:
- How not fitting in from an early age drove Brandon down his own unique path with an unorthodox mindset.
- What Brandon learned about real estate investing while sleeping on a couch (and, during an especially rough year, in his car).
- Why reading The Firm by John Grisham turned Brandon off to the idea of going to law school.
- How resetting our financial thermostats (à la Brian Tracy’s Psychology of Selling) allows us to expand what’s possible well beyond just how much we’re able to put in the bank.
- The lies we tell ourselves that keep us stuck in stagnation and how we can overcome them.
- And much more…
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
The BiggerPockets Podcast co-host and The Book on Investing In Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down author Brandon Turner was the poor, chubby kid in middle school who was mocked, so he spent the next 20 years trying to prove something to people who don’t matter anyway. At one point, Brandon realized that the normal “Work for someone until 65, then retire in time to die” didn’t seem right, so he dropped law school plans (to the horror of his parents) and sought out a different path. He started investing in real estate at 21, by 27 was able to quit his job, he became a millionaire at 30, and now he owns nearly 1,000 rental units at 35.
In this episode, we talk to Brandon about how finding it hard to fit in early in life motivated him with an unorthodox mindset, what sleeping on couches and in his car taught him about real estate investing when he was still a teenager, why reading The Firm by John Grisham quashed his law school ambitions right in the bud, how resetting our financial thermostats, the lies we tell ourselves that keep us stuck in ruts of stagnation (and how to overcome them), and much more. Listen, learn, and enjoy!
Please Scroll Down for Featured Resources and Transcript!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
THANKS, BRANDON TURNER!
If you enjoyed this session with Brandon Turner, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out at Twitter:
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com.
Resources from This Episode:
- The Book on Investing In Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down by Brandon Turner
- BiggerPockets | Podcast
- BiggerPockets | Website
- Brandon Turner | Twitter
- Brandon Turner | Instagram
- Brandon Turner | Facebook
- Brandon Turner | TikTok
- The Firm: A Novel by John Grisham
- The Psychology of Selling: Increase Your Sales Faster and Easier Than You Ever Thought Possible by Brian Tracy