Evan Goldberg (@NetSuite) is the cofounder and Executive Vice President of Oracle NetSuite, which has grown from a small office above a hair salon into a global organization that now works with more than 18,000 customers in 200+ countries and dependent territories.
What We Discuss with Evan Goldberg:
- Why Evan made the move from his cozy, vice presidential office at Oracle to helm his own startup in early cloud technologies.
- The important lessons Evan learned on the smaller scale of a startup that address the needs of a much larger business like Oracle NetSuite.
- What Larry Ellison and Evan understood about the potential for cloud technologies in ’99 that even the visionary Steve Jobs had trouble seeing at first.
- Why you might want to pay attention to the enthusiasm the guy in the Lexus LFA has for your product idea and implementation when you have trouble seeing over the dashboard of your Honda minivan.
- Why a small business owner who researched NetSuite Oracle a decade or so ago and dismissed it as too expensive might be able to reconsider it as an option today.
- And much more…
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Jordan met up with Oracle NetSuite‘s Evan Goldberg at Oracle OpenWorld 2019 to talk about the sometimes surprising trajectory of success, the desire to “bring order to chaos” that detoured into a software startup for early cloud technologies, and how Oracle NetSuite was informed by the lessons Evan learned from this detour to create something even Steve Jobs wasn’t sure the world needed, but now depends on. Listen, learn, and enjoy this short bonus episode!
Please Scroll down for Featured Resources!
NetSuite by Oracle allows you to manage sales, finances, accounting, orders, and HR for your business instantly on the cloud from anywhere! Download your free guide — Seven Key Strategies to Grow Your Profits — at netsuite.com/jordan!
THANKS, EVAN GOLDBERG!
If you enjoyed this session with Evan Goldberg, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out at Twitter:
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources from This Episode:
- Oracle NetSuite
- NetSuite at Twitter
- Oracle OpenWorld 2019
- Oracle NetSuite SuiteConnect
- Larry Ellison at Twitter
- The Lexus LFA Is the $400,000 Supercar Nobody Talks About, Autotrader
- 2020 Odyssey — The Fun Family Minivan, Honda
- Funeral Etiquette: What to Wear and How to Behave, Gentleman’s Gazette
- Remembering Steve Jobs, Apple
- Safari, Apple
- NetSuite Enables Graduating QuickBooks Customers to Transform Their Business by Taking Their Systems to the Cloud, Oracle NetSuite
- Social Good Definition, Investopedia
- Oracle NetSuite Social Impact
- Creativity Explored
- Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA)
- The Non-Paradox Of Highly Successful Profit-From-Purpose Businesses, Fast Company
- What Is Big Data? Oracle
- Brainyard, NetSuite