Gabriel Mizrahi (@GabeMizrahi) joins us to deep dive into the elusive subject of purpose — why you’re not finding it as easily as the so-called experts say you should be, and why you should be following meaning to purpose instead of picking a purpose and hoping it’s full of meaning.
What We Discuss with Gabriel Mizrahi:
- The difference between purpose and meaning.
- Why reverse-engineering meaning from purpose is harder (and far less effective) than finding purpose through meaning.
- What an ER nurse taught Gabriel about the surprising ways meaning can manifest.
- Why you should be suspicious of what The Cult of Purpose is trying to sell you.
- The best ways to naturally follow meaning to purpose without forcing an expectation of what that purpose is.
- And much more…
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
A few years back, researchers conducted a major study on Americans’ well-being. When asked if their lives have a clear sense of purpose, only one in five Americans strongly agreed. When asked if they have a good sense of what makes their lives meaningful, only one in three strongly agreed.
And when the researchers asked participants if they’ve discovered a satisfying life purpose, nearly 40% of people reported that they hadn’t. In this deep dive, we’ll explore the disconnection between meaning and purpose and what we can do to find purpose naturally rather than trying to force it from a distorted perspective. Listen, learn, and enjoy!
To dive even deeper into what you can do to organically find your purpose,
make sure to read this episode’s companion article here: Struggling to Find Your Purpose? Do This Instead. by Jordan Harbinger.
Please Scroll Down for Featured Resources and Transcript!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
To dive even deeper into finding your purpose through meaning, make sure to read this episode’s companion article here: Struggling to Find Your Purpose? Do This Instead.
THANKS, GABRIEL MIZRAHI!
If you enjoyed this session with Gabriel Mizrahi, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out at Twitter:
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources from This Episode:
- Struggling to Find Your Purpose? Do This Instead. by Jordan Harbinger
- TJHS 94: Deep Dive | This Is the Vulnerable Truth about Vulnerability
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
- The Minimalists 163: Business with Jordan Harbinger
- TJHS 4: Deep Dive | Learning How to Cope with Instability
[Featured image by Smart]