Fab Morvan (@fabmorvan) is an inspiringly positive singer and songwriter who, as half of disgraced pop duo Milli Vanilli, understands better than most what it takes to rise above the aftermath of a career-shattering scandal. Also, he hasn’t aged in 30 years and might be a legit vampire.
What We Discuss with Fab Morvan:
- How the young and talented duo behind Milli Vanilli got suckered into fronting for other vocalists when they were fully capable of singing their own songs.
- What it’s like to endure and recover from a career-shattering scandal with the world watching.
- Fab’s practical secrets to positivity.
- Why hasn’t Fab aged in the past 30 years?
- What legacy does Fab hope to leave behind?
- And much more…
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
By 1989, Milli Vanilli were an apparently unstoppable, chart-topping pop duo from Munich who could do no wrong, and their success seemed cemented when they won the 1990 Grammy award for Best New Artist. But when a skipping vocal track during a performance made it clear they were lip syncing rather than singing live, it invited further scrutiny over their artistic integrity. It was soon revealed that Rob Pilatus and Fab Morvan — the public faces of Milli Vanilli — were not the actual vocalists featured on “their” recordings. Rob and Fab returned their Grammy, but the damage was done.
Fab joins us to explain how he and Rob — fully capable dancers and singers — found themselves manipulated by a controlling producer into the trap that sealed their downfall (and Rob’s early death), how he’s grown and remained positive in the aftermath of the scandal, what he’s doing today, and what he hopes to leave behind. Listen, learn, and enjoy!
Please Scroll down for Full Show Notes and Featured Resources!
Learn over 500 subjects (no tests or homework!) at The Great Courses Plus — including Boosting Your Emotional Intelligence. Listeners to this podcast get one month free at thegreatcoursesplus.com/jordan!
Rhone makes gear for the modern man who demands modern style, comfort, and quality. Go to rhone.com and enter promo code JORDAN at checkout to get 15% off your first purchase!
NetSuite by Oracle allows you to manage sales, finances, accounting, orders, and HR for your business instantly on the cloud from anywhere! Download your free guide — Crushing the Five Barriers to Growth — at netsuite.com/jordan!
Rocket Mortgage by Quicken Loans. Apply simply. Understand fully. Mortgage confidently. To get started, go to RocketMortgage.com/FORBES!
THANKS, FAB MORVAN!
If you enjoyed this session with Fab Morvan, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out at Twitter:
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at [email protected].
Resources from This Episode:
- Fab Morvan’s website
- Fab Morvan at Facebook
- Fab Morvan at Instagram
- Fab Morvan at Twitter
- Girl You Know It’s True by Milli Vanilli
- Rob and Fab on The Arsenio Hall Show
- German Producer Frank Farian Admits That He Should Have Been More Candid about the Duo’s Lip-syncing, but Please Don’t Compare Him to Saddam Hussein. by Marc Fisher, Los Angeles Times
- Baby Do You Wanna Bump, Pt. 1 (7″ Version) by Boney M.
- Cupid & Psyche 85 by Scritti Politti
- Milli Vanilli Do It Yourself Kit on In Living Color
- Love Revolution by Fabrice Morvan
- Milli Vanilli to Forfeit Best New Artist Grammy by Chuck Philips, Los Angeles Times
- Milli Vanilli’s Rob Pilatus Dead at 33, Rolling Stone
- Meek Mill’s Photoshop Skills Are Worse than His Diss Track by Jamieson Cox, The Verge
- Blame It On the Rain by Milli Vanilli
- Freedom by Face Meets Voice