If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Now, let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- Is it wrong to be mad at your recently widowed parent for proposing to a rebound fling just six months after the funeral?
- You’re sick of picking up the slack for your 70-year-old coworker who chooses not to retire. What should you do?
- How do you rebuild your business when your last 10 years has suddenly pulled out from under you? We might have some advice.
- As a job seeker, when is the right time to disclose that you have regular medical needs that require creative scheduling?
- We’ve talked about the wrong reasons to move, but what are some of the right reasons? When do the pros outweigh the cons?
- How do you shake the feeling of playing second fiddle when you’re pretty sure you’re the ugly friend in a two-person dynamic?
- You seem to be the only one in your neighborhood concerned about environmental apocalypse. How do you lead by example without blowing a gasket?
- What meaningful gifts can you get for mentors — or anyone else for that matter — who already seem to have everything they need?
- Life Pro Tip: When responding to advice, say “You’re right” instead of “I know.” It shows that you’re actually listening to someone, that you care about what they say, and give them credit for trying to help.
- Recommendation of the Week: Leaving Neverland
- Quick shoutouts to people Jordan met at Podfest and SXSW!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
HoneyBook allows you to keep track of projects, manage important documents, schedule appointments, streamline communications, draft proposals, process payments, and more. Get 50% off your first year at honeybook.com with promo code JORDAN!
MedMen is proud to be leading the way as the cannabis industry transitions from its legacy era of homegrown enterprises to an institutional phase of professional standards and practices. Experience the new normal and check out Spike Jonze’s short film at MedMen.com!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Brother INKvestment Tank all-in-one inkjet printers keep your business running by delivering up to one year of printing without the need to replace ink cartridges! Find out more by visiting ChangeTheWayYouInk.com!
Do you want fancy designer jeans that look pretty at the club or good-looking but functional jeans that adventurers, go-getters, and rodeo riders have relied on for over 70 years? Try Wrangler — denim made for the modern world. Check ’em out here!
World-renowned criminal defense lawyer Mark Geragos reveals the latest in our nation’s most high-profile legal cases with podcast king Adam Carolla on PodcastOne’s Reasonable Doubt. Check it out here!
Resources from This Episode:
- A.J. Jacobs | Thanks a Thousand: A Gratitude Journey, TJHS 174
- Brian Scudamore | How Failure Can Be Your Key to Success, TJHS 175
- How to Form a Strong Opinion by Jordan Harbinger
- The Roast of John Lee Dumas
- Podfest Expo
- 20 Basic Tech Things Old People Just Don’t Understand by Amy Odell, Cosmopolitan
- Six-Minute Networking
- How to Start over in a New City by Jordan Harbinger
- 10 Personality Quizzes about Where to Live That Are Actually Super Accurate by Brand Neal, Bustle
- Stephen Hawking: Humanity Only Has 100 Years Left on Earth Before Doomsday by Abby Norman, Futurism
- The World Has Just over a Decade to Get Climate Change under Control, U.N. Scientists Say by Chris Mooney and Brady Dennis, The Washington Post
- What Can I Do About Climate Change? Union of Concerned Scientists
- 10 Things You Can Do to Help the Environment, WWF-UK
- John Ruhlin | Ways to Give Gifts That Make a Big Difference, TJHS 157
- Giftology: The Art and Science of Using Gifts to Cut Through the Noise, Increase Referrals, and Strengthen Retention by John Ruhlin
- Pet Portrait Artists (recommended by listener Renee Froerer): James Ruby and Elisabeth Caine Pressler
- Leaving Neverland, HBO
- Surviving R. Kelly, Lifetime
- Abducted in Plain Sight, Netflix
- Dexter Guff is Smarter Than You