If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com. Now, let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- How can you prove that your teacher is name-grading essays without cheating on the paper?
- You’re a veteran looking to transition back to civilian life. Here are some resources that might help (many thanks to your fellow veteran Zach Criswell for this info).
- When the big change you really need is a job opportunity at another company, is it unfair not to give your current employer a chance to negotiate with you to stay put?
- You’re worried your significant other might have gotten wrapped up in an expensive self-help cult. What might you say to bring them gently back to Earth without wasting even more time and money?
- How do you find a lawyer who will actually get the job you need done and won’t break the bank?
- An important network connection has offered to help you find opportunities as you’re transitioning into a new field, but how can you ensure you’re not biting off more than you can chew while still learning the ropes without wasting anyone’s time?
- You’re a contractor who has worked for a company that has been bought and sold three times in the past three years. How do you present this on your resume so it doesn’t look like you’ve worked for three companies in that time?
- You’re in your fifties and looking to open a franchise, though you don’t have direct retail experience. What should you do to minimize risk so you’re not burdened with debt in your retirement years should things go south?
- Recommendation of the Week: Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes
- Quick shoutout to Natasha Holmes!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Better Help offers affordable, online counseling at your convenience. If you’re coping with depression, stress, anxiety, addiction, or any number of issues, you’re not alone. Talk with a licensed professional therapist for 10 percent off your first month at betterhelp.com/jordan!
Are you using the best software for your situation? Capterra knows and makes it easy to discover your best solution fast — and for free. Visit capterra.com/jordan to find out what you’re missing today!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Rob Cesternino is a two-time Survivor contestant and was referred to by Jeff Probst as “The Smartest Player to Never Win Survivor.” Rob Has a Podcast was a 2012 winner of “The People’s Choice Podcast Award” for Best Entertainment Podcast — check it out here on PodcastOne!
Resources from This Episode:
- TJHS 156: Jaron Lanier | Why You Should Unplug from Social Media for Good
- TJHS 157: John Ruhlin | Ways to Give Gifts That Make a Big Difference
- How to Make Friends as an Adult by Jordan Harbinger
- What’s in a Name? Anonymous Grading of Writing by John Damaso
- American Corporate Partners
- Military MOJO
- American Dream University
- TJHS 70: Alex Kouts | The Secrets You Don’t Know About Negotiation Part One
- Once Thriving Church of Scientology Faces Extinction, Says Cult Tracker by Geoff McMaster, Folio
- Why Women Entrepreneurs over 50 Hold the Aces by Kerry Hannon, Forbes
- Life Lessons from 9 Inspiring Entrepreneurs Over 50 by Dayna Winter, Shopify
- Clear: The World Welcomes You
- REAL ID, Homeland Security
- Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes
- TJHS 135: Joe Navarro | How to Identify and Protect Yourself from Harmful People