If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com. Now, let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- How do you know if you’re making progress and on track to a better and brighter future if you feel underqualified and inadequate about so much of your life? How can you measure your growth?
- Sometimes you try so hard to help your loved ones with their issues that you forget to help yourself. Support is close if you know where to find it — here’s where we suggest looking.
- How do you keep yourself from falling back into old, obsolete patterns of behavior whenever you visit your friends in your old hometown? Aren’t you better than that now?
- You’ve been on Facebook for 14 years and have never weeded out friends you’ve only spoken to once in that entire time. Now you’re applying to a job and notice one of your obscure connections is VP of the company. Is it tacky to contact them?
- If you genuinely love networking and meeting new people, you might feel bad about having to turn down lunch with some of them because you just don’t have as much time as you used to (especially when they turn into sales pitches in disguise). How do you retreat from these invitations politely?
- If you’re proud of your political activism in college, does it do any harm to bring it up when you’re looking for a new job?
- Should you give up all the guaranteed benefits of your long-term government job to pursue a shaky future in the private sector that could result in more money and reemergence of happiness from that fire and drive you once had, but at a time cost and a possibility of being released or fired and losing those needed benefits for your family?
- Since returning to your hometown as a successful attorney making the big bucks, one of your friends seems to think you should pay for everything you do together because you make more money. What do you do?
- Recommendation of the Week: Jon Levy’s What Makes Us Influential? TED Salon Talk
- A quick shoutout to Renee in Montana!
- Tank’s Good News: Nike Signs First Runner with Cerebral Palsy
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
- Have Alexa and want flash briefings from The Jordan Harbinger Show? Go to jordanharbinger.com/alexa and enable the skill you’ll find there!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Purple is more than the best color in the world — it’s a revolutionary way to improve sleep. Pick your perfect Purple at purple.com and text JORDAN to 474747 to get a free pillow with the purchase of a mattress and the best rest of your life!
Ever dreamt of having the cleanest bum on the block? Omigo reinvented the toilet seat so you never have to use toilet paper again! Curious? Get $100 off your order by going to myomigo.com/jordan!
Home Chef has the highest rate of customer satisfaction among leading meal kit companies. Why? Visit homechef.com/jordan for $30 off your first order to find out!
Great protection. Fair prices. Easy to use. SimpliSafe is the right way to protect your home at half the size and double the range — go to SimpliSafe.com/jordan to learn more!
Are you among the regular folks just trying to get it together? Join Michelle Davis and Matt Holloway of Thug Kitchen to discuss food, politics, and pop culture on Forked Up — check it out on PodcastOne here!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Resources from This Episode:
- TJHS 108: James Clear | Forming Atomic Habits for Astronomic Results
- TJHS 109: Deep Dive | The Five Keys to Being Unforgettable
- We Are Podcast
- Toastmasters International
- Profoundly Disconnected | mikeroweWORKS Foundation
- Psychology Today Therapist Finder
- 4 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Put on Your Resume by Ashley Faus, The Muse
- The Resume Section That Matters More Than You’d Think by Lily Zhang, The Muse
- TJHS 4: Deep Dive | Learning How to Cope with Instability
- Tank’s Good News
- Nike Signs First Runner with Cerebral Palsy