Garry Kasparov (@Kasparov63) is a Russian chess grandmaster, political activist, and author of Deep Thinking: Where Machine Intelligence Ends and Human Creativity Begins and Winter Is Coming: Why Vladimir Putin and the Enemies of the Free World Must Be Stopped.
What We Discuss with Garry Kasparov:
- The part chess played in promoting Soviet Russian ideology during the Cold War.
- What it takes to become a chess champion now compared to 50 years ago and why Garry considers the game “one of the most aggressive forces of psychological warfare.”
- What can and can’t be applied from chess to politics and decision making.
- What Garry knows from experience about authoritarian governments and why we need to be vigilant against them now more than ever.
- Is our civilization poised for progress or ruin now that supercomputers can beat superhumans at tournament-level chess?
- And so much more…
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
You may recognize Garry Kasparov as the Russian chess champion who was famously defeated by IBM’s Big Blue supercomputer in the ’90s, but among humans, he’s still regarded by many as the greatest chess player of all time — and we’re honored to have him join us for this episode.
On retiring from professional chess in 2005, Garry devoted his time to politics and writing. He formed the United Civil Front movement, and joined as a member of The Other Russia, a coalition opposing the administration and policies of Vladimir Putin. He is currently chairman for the Human Rights Foundation, and author of Deep Thinking: Where Machine Intelligence Ends and Human Creativity Begins and Winter Is Coming: Why Vladimir Putin and the Enemies of the Free World Must Be Stopped. Listen, learn, and enjoy!
Please Scroll Down for Featured Resources and Transcript!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Don’t let a botched below-the-belt trim snag your summer plans — Manscaped has precision tools for your family jewels! Go to Manscaped.com and get 20 percent off with free shipping by using code JORDAN20 at checkout!
The folks at BiOptimizers understand why you’re skeptical about probiotics as a way to increase your digestive and gut health. But without sharing TMI, we can confirm its patented P3-OM superstrain actually does what it’s supposed to do! Curious? Go to p3om.com/jordan and enter code JORDAN20 for 20 percent off your order!
Saving money on your car insurance is easy with Progressive. It’s an average savings of $699 a year for customers who switch and save! Get your quote online at Progressive.com and see how much you could be saving today!
Miss our two-parter with North Korean defector Charles Ryu? Catch up here starting with episode 84: Confessions of a North Korean Escape Artist Part One!
THANKS, GARRY KASPAROV!
If you enjoyed this session with G1, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out at Twitter:
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com.
Resources from This Episode:
- Deep Thinking: Where Machine Intelligence Ends and Human Creativity Begins by Garry Kasparov and Mig Greengard
- Winter Is Coming: Why Vladimir Putin and the Enemies of the Free World Must Be Stopped by Garry Kasparov
- How Life Imitates Chess: Making the Right Moves, from the Board to the Boardroom by Garry Kasparov
- Garry Kasparov | Facebook
- Garry Kasparov | Twitter
- Human Rights Foundation
- United Civil Front: The Other Russia
- Clash of Champions: Kasparov vs. Karpov
- Garry Kasparov: Become The World’s Greatest at What You Love Most | The James Altucher Show 227
- Magnus Carlsen vs. Garry Kasparov | Arkham Noir
- On Tyranny: Twenty Lessons from the Twentieth Century by Timothy Snyder
- Why Dictators Hate Chess: Garry Kasparov on Vladimir Putin’s Meddling and America’s Response by Jacob Weisberg | Slate
- Bridge of Spies
- Deep Undercover with a KGB Spy in America Part One | TJHS 285
- Deep Undercover with a KGB Spy in America Part Two | TJHS 286
TRANSCRIPT COMING SOON!
Sign up to receive email updates
Enter your name and email address below and I'll send you periodic updates about the podcast.