The mindset and linguistic contortionism you developed as a self-help cult (aka Large Group Awareness Training program) follower led to you becoming a registered sex offender. How did things go so wrong, and what can you do now? This and more here on Feedback Friday.
And in case you didn’t already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Gabriel Mizrahi (@GabeMizrahi) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com. Now let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- Is the graduating class of ’20 finding it especially difficult to plot a life course when everything’s so uncertain right now? (Well, it’s not ’21 yet!)
- You were a self-help cult follower, which led to you becoming a registered sex offender. How did things go so wrong, and what can you do now? [Thanks once again to Corbin Payne, Esq. for his help with this one.]
- Even though you’re in a long-term relationship, you’ve accidentally developed feelings for your very married mentor. What can you do to get over this embarrassingly inappropriate crush?
- Recommendation of the Week: Spy Wars with Damian Lewis
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Gabriel on Twitter at @GabeMizrahi.
- And if you want to keep in touch with former co-host and JHS family Jason, find him on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Better Help offers affordable, online counseling at your convenience. If you’re coping with depression, stress, anxiety, addiction, or any number of issues, you’re not alone. Talk with a licensed professional therapist for 10 percent off your first month at betterhelp.com/jordan!
Whether you’re a lady or a gent, you don’t need to know what MicroModal fabric is to enjoy the comfort of MeUndies; you just need to wear them — support this show (and yourself) with MeUndies at meundies.com/jordan for 15% off and free shipping!
Saving money on your car insurance is easy with Progressive. It’s an average savings of $699 a year for customers who switch and save! Get your quote online at Progressive.com and see how much you could be saving today!
Miss the show we did with Pivot co-host and NYU Stern School of Business professor Scott Galloway? Catch up here with episode 204: Solving the Algebra of Happiness!
Resources from This Episode:
- Justin Ramsdell | How to Detect and Disarm Pseudoscience | TJHS 359
- Garry Kasparov | Deep Thinking for Disordered Times | TJHS 360
- Steven Hassan | Combating Cult Mind Control Part One | TJHS 237
- Steven Hassan | Combating Cult Mind Control Part Two | TJHS 238
- Jim Zarvos & Beyond Your Best LGAT | Cult Education Institute
- Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) | PsychCentral
- The Invisible Man: How the Sex Offender Registry Results in Social Death by Elizabeth Megale | Campbell University School of Law
- Corbin Payne | Twitter
- Robert Hanssen: American Traitor | History
- Justin Paperny | Lessons From Prison | TJHS 226
- 17 Signs Your Coworker Is Flirting with You — and What to Do | Fairygodboss
- Spy Wars with Damian Lewis | Prime Video
- Homeland | Prime Video