Outing a psycho ex who once violently assaulted you might seem like a mission of personal vindication that you’d like to feel is beneath you. But what if you’ve recently encountered them working in close proximity with people you care about? Is it your responsibility to out that psycho ex for the sake of public safety? If so, how do you do it safely? We’ll discuss this and much more in this episode.
And in case you didn’t already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Jason DeFillippo (@jpdef) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Now let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- Should you tell your uncle that one of his employees tried to strangle you seven years ago because the wife he was hiding found out about your fling?
- You want to be as open and honest as possible, but you often can’t make sense of your own thoughts, let alone explain them to others. How can you better express yourself?
- Has Los Angeles turned your once-favorite sibling into a monster, or are there other factors at play dictating why you can’t get along anymore during family visits?
- How can you learn to be more understanding and less stubborn?
- How do you deal with a friend who dominates conversations, lacks self-awareness, and is overly sensitive?
- Since you often have to travel for work, how do you negotiate with your boss on staying a few extra days for vacation?
- You make excellent money and live a lavish lifestyle, but your work is unfulfilling and most days are miserable. You can’t take time off to “find” yourself, so what can you do? (National Car Rental State of Business Travel Survey)
- What’s the right way to tell your religiously devout family that you are no longer a true believer and won’t be getting married in a church?
- Life Pro Tip: Make a great impression at a brand new job by documenting the whole training process in detail — this is often invaluable to small companies and startups.
- Recommendation of the Week: Saudi Arabia Uncovered
- Quick shoutout to Mike Posner’s Aide-de-camp, Cameron!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Better Help offers affordable, online counseling at your convenience. If you’re coping with depression, stress, anxiety, addiction, or any number of issues, you’re not alone. Talk with a licensed professional therapist for 10 percent off your first month at betterhelp.com/jordan!
Hover knows that every great idea deserves a great website domain name, so it provides you with this clean and simple service with human support and no upsells! Go to hover.com/jordan to get 10 percent off your first purchase!
Join Ricky, Head of A&R for the Kanye West-founded label, and his co-host Mir, an activist and former music executive herself, as they journey into a show with no limits: Off Beat with Ricky Anderson and Mir Harris on PodcastOne here!
Resources from This Episode:
- Humble The Poet | 101 Simple Truths for a Better Life, TJHS 189
- Guy Kawasaki | Life Lessons from a Wise Guy, TJHS 190
- How to Talk about Yourself (And Not Sound like an A-hole) by Jordan Harbinger
- Toxic Masculinity Is Terrible Shorthand for a Real Problem Plaguing Men by F. Diane Barth, LCSW, NBC News Digital
- What Does a “Fire at Will State” Mean? by Thomas Metcalf, Chron
- 5 Ways to Become More Self-Aware by Anthony K. Tjan, Harvard Business Review
- This Is Anxiety by James Hamblin, The Atlantic
- Hot Girls Wanted, Netflix
- After Porn Ends
- How to Overcome Imposter Syndrome and Feel Confident in What You’re Doing by Jack Nollan, A Conscious Rethink
- 3 Signs of Trust Issues and How to Deal with Them by Catherine Winter, A Conscious Rethink
- How To Turn Your Next Business Trip Into A Vacation by Jordan Harbinger, LinkedIn
- Impractical Jokers, TruTV
- Join Emerald Club, National Car Rental
- Yugo Car Commercial 1986, Television Archives
- The Golden Handcuffs Dilemma: What to Do When You Hate Your Job but Love Your Salary by Maurie Backman, The Motley Fool
- Feedback Friday | How to Make Introductions Without Getting Burned, TJHS 146
- Saudi Arabia Uncovered, Netflix
- Mike Posner | 31 Minutes to the Other Side of Fame, TJHS 168