What We Discuss with Spencer Greenberg:
- Common logical fallacies and concepts like black and white thinking, cherry picking, straw man arguments, and the typical mind fallacy.
- How these logical fallacies can be so powerfully persuasive even in the face of contrary evidence, and why they inhibit our thinking and keep us from getting closer to the truth.
- How to spot cognitive bias in ourselves and others — and in the sources we choose to inform us about the outside world.
- How we can improve our critical thinking, cut through these faulty arguments and biases, and separate fact from fiction with logic over emotion.
- Practical tools that allow us to cultivate clearer thinking for these often cloudy times.
- And much more…
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
(Download Episode Here)
(Subscribe to the Podcast Here)
Worksheet for This Episode
The skill of noticing bad logic, misleading arguments, and invalid evidence is extremely important. This skill not only helps you avoid being misled by others, but when used properly, it helps you avoid misleading yourself.
In this episode, Spencer Greenberg of Clearer Thinking shares numerous free training tools we can use to improve our own critical thinking and eliminate bias to improve the decision-making powers at our disposal. Listen, learn, and enjoy!
Please Scroll down for Full Show Notes and Featured Resources!
Privacy.com allows you to generate a new credit card number for every purchase you make online for the sake of worry-free security — and it doesn’t cost you anything! Want to find out why we use this incredible service ourselves? Sign up for free and get a $5 credit at privacy.com/jordan!
Hunt a Killer is a puzzle-style game that poses this tantalizing question: what if a serial killer delivered a package to your doorstep each month? Go to huntakiller.com/jordan for 10 percent off your first box and find out!
Candid Co gives you clear braces without in-office visits for 65% less than a traditional orthodontist. Get started with an at-home modeling kit today for 25% off at this link with code JORDAN at checkout!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
THANKS, SPENCER GREENBERG!
If you enjoyed this session with Spencer Greenberg, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out at Twitter:
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com.
Resources from This Episode:
- Try Spencer’s free Rhetorical Fallacies tool at Clearer Thinking here!
- Clearer Thinking
- Spencer Greenberg’s Website
- Spencer Greenberg at Facebook
- Spencer Greenberg at Twitter
- Straw Man, Steel Man, and Grass Man by Michael Dello-Iacovo