Andy Molinsky (@andymolinsky) is a professor of organizational behavior and psychology at Brandeis University’s International Business School and author of Global Dexterity: How to Adapt Your Behavior Across Cultures without Losing Yourself in the Process.
What We Discuss with Andy Molinsky:
- Common cross-cultural tripwires.
- How to diagnose our cultural differences and assess situations in cultural context to build rapport.
- Processes and practicals to avoid common miscommunications.
- 10 cultural codes around the world.
- Tips for leading an international team over cross-cultural hurdles and working together to realize its potential.
- And much more…
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
(Download Episode Here)
(Subscribe to the Podcast Here)
Worksheet for This Episode
In the 21st century, many of us go beyond telecommuting to an office the next town over — we work with teams that span the globe and cross cultures in ways humans have never before experienced. This presents unique challenges for all parties involved as we work to meet goals together no matter how our motivations may differ.
In this episode we talk to Andy Molinsky, professor of organizational behavior and psychology at Brandeis University’s International Business School and author of Global Dexterity: How to Adapt Your Behavior Across Cultures without Losing Yourself in the Process. He’ll help us reach across cultures to build rapport, communicate effectively, and seamlessly work together. Listen, learn, and enjoy!
Please Scroll down for Full Show Notes and Featured Resources!
Sport Clips is like no other place you’ve ever gotten your hair cut. There are TVs everywhere playing sports and guy-smart stylists who know how to give you the haircut you want in over 1,700 locations! Find out what you’ve been missing at SportClips.com/checkin!
Privacy.com allows you to generate a new credit card number for every purchase you make online for the sake of worry-free security — and it doesn’t cost you anything! Want to find out why we use this incredible service ourselves? Sign up for free and get a $5 credit at privacy.com/jordan!
Outerknown was founded by pro surfer Kelly Slater for people who want great clothes produced by workers who are paid a living wage in an environmentally conscious way. Go to outerknown.com today and enter code JORDAN at checkout for 25% off your full price order!
Hunt a Killer is a puzzle-style game that poses this tantalizing question: what if a serial killer delivered a package to your doorstep each month? Go to huntakiller.com/jordan for 10 percent off your first box and find out!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
THANKS, ANDY MOLINSKY!
If you enjoyed this session with Andy Molinsky, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out at Twitter:
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources from This Episode:
- Reach: A New Strategy to Help You Step Outside Your Comfort Zone, Rise to the Challenge and Build Confidence by Andy Molinsky
- Global Dexterity: How to Adapt Your Behavior Across Cultures without Losing Yourself in the Process by Andy Molinsky
- Andy Molinsky at LinkedIn
- Andy Molinsky’s website
- Andy Molinsky at Facebook
- Andy Molinsky at Instagram
- Andy Molinsky at Twitter
- Cheat Sheet to 10 Cultural Codes Around the World by Andy Molinsky