Friend of the show and Entrepreneur on Fire John Lee Dumas (@johnleedumas) joins us to tackle one of our trickier questions about starting a side hustle!
If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com. Now, let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- Are once-friendly people really avoiding you for some unknown reason, or is their perceived lack of interaction largely in your own socially anxious head?
- When you’re young and in long-distance love but also looking for a new career path, should you follow your heart and move closer to your sweetheart or follow your head and pursue local educational opportunities in your chosen field?
- What’s the most graceful way to turn down a retention bonus without sending a signal to the company you are looking for another job?
- You’re newly single and going to yoga classes. You want to ask out someone who seems to be expressing interest in you, but you also want to respect the yoga space and not tarnish your ongoing practice at this studio. What’s the right next move?
- You’ve recently been made privy to sensitive information about your clients from a well-meaning but careless business contact. How do you make this contact understand — without being ungrateful for their effort — that such information in the hands of someone less ethical could jeopardize their career and the integrity of your organization?
- Your boss treats you as a liability rather than an asset thanks to fabricated and unsubstantiated accusations made against you in the past, but rumor has it this person is leaving in a few months. Is it worth your time to get this person to see your value, or should you just stay under the radar until the (fingers crossed) new boss arrives on the scene?
- Your morale is low at your current company, and in spite of skill stacking to position yourself uniquely in any number of other companies, you can’t seem to land an interview elsewhere. Is it time to scratch that entrepreneurial itch you’ve been feeling with at least an honest foray into the side hustle?
- What can you do to mend the divide between you and someone with whom you shared a relationship when you empathize with why that person isn’t exactly the president of your fan club?
- Recommendation of the Week: The Final Table
- Quick shoutout to Dr. Brad Block of the Physician’s Guide to Doctoring podcast!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Sport Clips is like no other place you’ve ever gotten your hair cut. There are TVs everywhere playing sports and guy-smart stylists who know how to give you the haircut you want in over 1,700 locations! Find out what you’ve been missing at SportClips.com/checkin!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Gusto is simply the best payroll for your small business, automatically calculating, depositing, and filing payroll taxes. Sign up at gusto.com/jordan for your free three-month trial!
The folks at BiOptimizers understand why you’re skeptical about probiotics as a way to increase your digestive and gut health. But without sharing TMI, we can confirm its patented P3-OM superstrain actually does what it’s supposed to do! Curious? Go to p3om.com/jordan for 20 percent off your first order and a full money-back guarantee!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Resources from This Episode:
- TJHS 129: Chris Pfaff | The Drama Behind the Young and Reckless
- TJHS 130: Srini Rao | Why You Should Reclaim Your Own Creativity
- “I Am an Old Man and Have Known a Great Many Troubles, But Most of Them Never Happened,” Quote Investigator
- TJHS 70: Alex Kouts | The Secrets You Don’t Know About Negotiation Part One
- Entrepreneurs on Fire with John Lee Dumas
- Side Hustle School: Make Money Without Quitting Your Job
- The Final Table
- Physician’s Guide to Doctoring