Being a podcast host has its own set of dos and don’ts, but what does it take to be the best podcast guest in the west — and east and all points in between? What will ensure that you’re the podcast guest who gets invited back time and time again rather than thrown onto the booking agent’s “do not call” pile? We’ve recruited our friend Bobbi Rebell of The Financial Grownup Podcast to give us the skinny.
And in case you didn’t already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Jason DeFillippo (@jpdef) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com. Now let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- Is undergoing cosmetic surgery to correct a physical trait that makes you insecure 24/7 a worthwhile investment or submission to excessive vanity?
- As a manager, you love your company, salary, and benefits, but your passion isn’t developing others to do their best. Without a college degree, what are your options?
- One parent died from being in a medicine-shunning cult, and the other has a history of being abusive toward you. Should the loss of one automatically mend your issues with the other?
- Is it reasonable to put your therapy visits on hold during a new job’s six-month probationary period for better chance of retention?
- You’re facing prison and losing your job for being pulled over with less than a fifth of a gram of weed in your car (even though you weren’t under the influence). How can you find the motivation to move on?
- You left a part-time job you loved for a full-time job that pays more but doesn’t enchant you in the same way. How do you know if you made the right decision?
- When you’re a guest on someone’s podcast, how do you ensure they love you and invite you back — and maybe make you a regular? Our friend Bobbi Rebell of The Financial Grownup Podcast has answers!
- You’re friendly and nice on the inside, but your face and body don’t translate that message. How can you come across as less chilly when trying to network?
- You got a no-strings-attached monetary gift from a kind person in your wind ensemble to repair your instrument, and you have $50 left over. What’s the protocol for gracefully returning it?
- Life Pro Tip: When your power goes out, pop your phone open and search for Wi-Fi in the area. If the list is empty or shorter than usual, then it’s not just you that lost power. Another tip is to get a cheap UPS on Amazon to power your cable modem and Wi-Fi router. That way if the power does go out in your neighborhood, you can get online and figure out when the lights are going to come back on or just relax and watch some Netflix while you wait without tearing up your data plan.
- Recommendation of the Week: Street Food, Netflix
- Quick shoutouts to Mason Lopez and Teresa Dorey!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Better Help offers affordable, online counseling at your convenience. If you’re coping with depression, stress, anxiety, addiction, or any number of issues, you’re not alone. Talk with a licensed professional therapist for 10 percent off your first month at betterhelp.com/jordan!
From You Flowers will make Mom’s heart bloom this Mother’s Day with a bouquet that is guaranteed to put a smile on her face. Go to fromyouflowers.com/jordan to send a dozen roses for $19.99 or upgrade to two mixed dozen roses with a free vase for $10 more!
The Hartford Insurance Group knows there’s nothing small in small business, and it’s been protecting customers for over 200 years. Learn what it can do for you and your business at thehartford.com/smallbusiness!
Mobilizing students on 1,400 college and high school campuses across the country, Charlie Kirk has your inside scoop on the biggest news of the week and what’s really going on behind the headlines. Check out The Charlie Kirk Show on PodcastOne!
Resources from This Episode:
- Rick Hanson | The Science of Hardwiring Happiness and Resilience, TJHS 192
- Mimi Ikonn | What the Life of an Influencer Is Really Like, TJHS 193
- The Right Way to Listen (And How It Changes Everything) by Jordan Harbinger
- How to Get Rid of Gynecomastia: Definition, Causes, Symptoms by Melissa Conrad Stöppler, MD, MedicineNet
- Better Help
- How to Know When You Have Outgrown Your Business and It Is Time to Move on with Podcast Host Jordan Harbinger (Encore), The Financial Grownup Podcast
- Money in the Morning Podcast
- Ring Lights
- Jordan Harbinger & ME, Bertcast 340
- Six-Minute Networking
- APC UPS Battery Backup & Surge Protector
- Street Food, Netflix