When you’ve got coworkers who literally stink enough to make your olfactory system protest with tears of sadness and deadbeat roommates who won’t pay rent and try to convince you to let their online romantic interests move into your very real space, you need to listen to this Feedback Friday!
And in case you didn’t already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Jason DeFillippo (@jpdef) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Now let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- You try to be positive, but when your longtime coworker is negative, pessimistic, petty, and literally stinky, how obligated are you to put up with it?
- You try to be positive, but when your longtime roommate is a deadbeat trying to move their online romantic interest in, how obligated are you to put up with it?
- You’re an effortless jack of all trades, but a master of none. Should you be more motivated to excel, or just grateful for what you have and enjoy life?
- How do you get your extended family to understand that you and your spouse’s busy entrepreneurial lifestyle makes free time a valuable resource?
- As a freelancer, how do you manage (mentally and financially) the slow growth periods of the year?
- You literally have OCD and can’t stand being touched by strangers. How do you handle the would-be huggers and handshakers you meet without being rude?
- As a young worker in a relatively low-paying position, how do you request a raise if one isn’t given or negotiate a slightly higher one if offered?
- Thanks to DNA testing, you’ve discovered your mother’s been lying to you about the identity of your father for 40 years. How do you cope with this bombshell?
- Life Pro Tip: Before giving a previous job as reference, have a friend pretending to be a potential employer call them asking about you — this way you avoid derailing your job hunt.
- A quick shoutout to 11-year-old listener Ruby Johnson!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Until July 31st, Amazon Prime members can start an Audible membership and save 66% on the first three months — a total of $30 off. That’s like getting three months for the price of one. You’ll pay just $4.95 per month for the first three months. After that, it’s only $14.95 per month. Visit audible.com/HARBINGER or text HARBINGER to 500 500 to get started today!
Explore Blue Diamond for all your almond product needs. From delicious almond nut snacks to gift baskets, they’ve got you covered at a store near you or at bluediamond.com!
Rocket Mortgage by Quicken Loans. Apply simply. Understand fully. Mortgage confidently. To get started, go to RocketMortgage.com/JORDAN!
Express knows that if you live in your jeans, comfort and fit are important. Get $20 off any one pair of jeans using the code 9993 at checkout in stores or online at express.com!
Have you ever thought about the fact that where you choose to live directly affects the “you” you become? Apartments.com has the most listings, which means you have the most apartments, townhomes, condos, and houses to choose from. Change your apartment, change the world at Apartments.com here!
Like true crime tales? The Court Junkie Podcast shines a light on the injustices of the judicial system by delving into court documents, attending trials, and interviewing those close to these trials to root out the whole truth. Check out the Court Junkie Podcast on PodcastOne here!
Resources from This Episode:
- Kim Scott | Care Personally, Challenge Directly with Radical Candor, TJHS 225
- Justin Paperny | Lessons From Prison, TJHS 226
- Five Signs Your Life Is Off Track (And What to Do About It) by Jordan Harbinger
- How Do Squatter’s Rights Work? Mental Floss
- OkDork.com | Noah Kagan’s Blog About Marketing and More
- Howie Mandel | A Conversation About Mental Health, Talent, and Perseverance, TJHS 210
- 23 Things Only People Who Hate Hugs Know, Metro
- Alex Kouts | The Secrets You Don’t Know About Negotiation Part One, TJHS 70
- Better Help
- How to Deal With a Liar, WikiHow
- Record Audio Calls on iPhone and Android, TapeACall Blog