If you’ve gotten yourself into credit card debt, it’s hard to see a way out. Minimum payments can be as much as rent and won’t always whittle down the debt because your interest rates are probably too high. With thanks again to Ramit Sethi (@ramit) of I Will Teach You to Be Rich, we’ll show you how get out of credit card debt more easily than you probably think possible.
And in case you didn’t already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Jason DeFillippo (@jpdef) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Now let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- You’re in more credit card debt than you’d like. Should you tell your family about it so you don’t feel like you’re hiding something from them?
- While we’re on the topic of credit card debt, we share some tips from Ramit Sethi for getting that debt under control (Script found here).
- After surgery, monitoring, and an almost clean bill of health, how can you encourage your spouse that every pain experienced now isn’t cancer?
- How do you deal with blame and taking responsibility after the breakup of a long-term relationship and the fallout of shared property?
- When visiting another country, we’ve advised hiring a local to hang out with and guide you around. But where can you find such a guide?
- How can you find a suitable, non-nuclear solution for you and your long-time partner to travel together, given different work circumstances?
- Going from employee to entrepreneur in an industry where name equals credibility, how do you keep your name safe if your business fails?
- So you want to get involved in politics or some other high-profile career? You might want to scrub those old social media posts; here’s how.
- Your timing for knowing when to interject in a conversation could be better. How do you improve it?
- Life Pro Tip: Keep a $100 bill folded in a side compartment of your wallet in a doggie poop bag. The money is for emergencies. The bag is for protecting your valuables if you’re caught out in the rain.
- Recommendation of the Week: You Vs. Wild
- Quick shoutout to Melissa!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Better Help offers affordable, online counseling at your convenience. If you’re coping with depression, stress, anxiety, addiction, or any number of issues, you’re not alone. Talk with a licensed professional therapist for 10 percent off your first month at betterhelp.com/jordan!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
NetSuite by Oracle allows you to manage sales, finances, accounting, orders, and HR for your business instantly on the cloud from anywhere! Download your free guide — Seven Key Strategies to Grow Your Profits — at netsuite.com/jordan!
The Hartford Insurance Group knows there’s nothing small in small business, and it’s been protecting customers for over 200 years. Learn what it can do for you and your business at thehartford.com/smallbusiness!
Join Ricky, Head of A&R for the Kanye West-founded label, and his co-host Mir, an activist and former music executive herself, as they journey into a show with no limits: Off Beat with Ricky Anderson and Mir Harris on PodcastOne here!
Resources from This Episode:
- David Smalley | Why You Should Challenge Your Beliefs, TJHS 186
- Hal Elrod | Fulfill Your Goals with The Miracle Equation, TJHS 187
- 10 Important Lessons I’ve Learned Interviewing 1,000 Successful People by Jordan Harbinger
- The Minimalists
- I Will Teach You to Be Rich, Second Edition: No Guilt. No Excuses. No B.S. Just a 6-Week Program That Works. by Ramit Sethi
- Debt Reduction: How to Get Rid of Debt Forever by Ramit Sethi
- Benedict Cumberbatch Says He’s ‘no Hero’ after Saving Deliveroo Cyclist from Muggers by Jacob Stolworthy, The Independent
- Signs You May be a Hypochondriac, The Center for Treatment of Anxiety and Mood Disorders
- Better Help
- How to Stop Blaming Other People When Things Go Wrong by Jordan Harbinger
- Alex Kouts | The Secrets You Don’t Know About Negotiation Part One, TJHS 70
- Tweet Delete
- Social Book Post Manager
- Brand Yourself Social Media Cleanup
- Scrubber Social
- Beto O’Rourke Used to Be a Member of a Legendary Computer Hacktivist Group by Dylan Scott, Vox
- Avoir L’Esprit De L’Escalier, Lawless French
- The 10 People You Meet In Every Improv Class by Dan Hopper, College Humor
- You Vs. Wild (Netflix)
- Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (Netflix)