Jan Broberg (@janbroberg) is an actress, singer, dancer, host of The Jan Broberg Show, subject of the Netflix documentary Abducted In Plain Sight and Peacock’s A Friend of the Family, and author of The Jan Broberg Story: The True Crime Story of a Young Girl Abducted.
What We Discuss with Jan Broberg:
- One in four children will be molested, and 97 percent of the time, it’s by a family member. In Jan Broberg’s case, it was by a close “friend” of the family.
- How this predator — himself a father of five — expertly infiltrated the trust of Jan’s family when she was just a child and manipulated her, her siblings, and her parents into questioning their very reality.
- How Jan was kidnapped by this family “friend” not once, but twice as a teenager, and what happened in the aftermath when she was finally recovered.
- Why this story — and countless stories like it — should serve as a wake-up call to legislators that we need to update public policy and raise awareness of this all-too-common threat to our children.
- How our children can be prepared to speak up when the adults in their lives violate their trust and abuse them — and what we as adults can do to ensure their claims are taken seriously and remove them from danger.
- And much more…
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
How does a trusted but wildly abusive family “friend” get away with kidnapping you as a child not once, but twice — ostensibly assisted by aliens desperate to save their planet? How could your parents have defended themselves against the patient predator who perverted their good nature for the sake of getting closer to you?
On this episode, Jan Broberg (host of The Jan Broberg Show, subject of the Netflix documentary Abducted In Plain Sight and Peacock’s A Friend of the Family, and author of The Jan Broberg Story: The True Crime Story of a Young Girl Abducted) joins us to discuss the harrowing details of her ordeal — and how it continued for years after the perpetrator had been brought to “justice” — the blowback it had on her well-meaning but naive parents, and what steps we can take as a society to prevent like-minded predators from ruining lives without facing the consequences.
Please Scroll Down for Featured Resources and Transcript!
Please note that some links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Jordan Harbinger Show receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. We appreciate your support!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
This Episode Is Sponsored By:
- Peloton: Learn more at onepeloton.com/row
- TextExpander: Get 20% off your first year
- Athletic Greens: Visit athleticgreens.com/jordan for a free one-year supply of vitamin D and five free travel packs with your first purchase
- US Bank: Apply at usbank.com/altitudego for 20,000 bonus points
- Deep Questions: Listen here or wherever you find fine podcasts!
- God Pod: Listen here or wherever you find fine podcasts!
Make sure to check out The Jordan Harbinger Show Episode 631: Amanda Catarzi | Overcoming Cult Life and Sex Trafficking!
Thanks, Jan Broberg!
If you enjoyed this session with Jan Broberg, let her know by clicking on the link below and sending her a quick shout out at Twitter:
Click here to thank Jan Broberg at Twitter!
Click here to let Jordan know about your number one takeaway from this episode!
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources from This Episode:
- The Jan Broberg Story: The True Crime Story of a Young Girl Abducted by Jan Broberg and MaryAnn Broberg | Amazon
- A Friend of the Family | Peacock
- Abducted in Plain Sight | Netflix
- The Jan Broberg Show
- Thrivivors: Website | YouTube
- Community of Support | The Jan Broberg Foundation
- Jan Broberg | Twitter
- Jan Broberg | Facebook
- Jan Broberg | Instagram
- Austen Duke Tanner | Instagram
- Diane Sawyer Interviews Jan Broberg On Good Morning America | YouTube
- ‘Abducted in Plain Sight’ Victim Says Blaming Parents Is Unfair | People
Sign up to receive email updates
Enter your name and email address below and I'll send you periodic updates about the podcast.