Peter Zeihan (@peterzeihan) is a geopolitical strategist, founder of the consulting firm Zeihan on Geopolitics, and author of The Absent Superpower, The Accidental Superpower, Disunited Nations, and The End of the World is Just the Beginning: Mapping the Collapse of Globalization.
What We Discuss with Peter Zeihan:
- How advancements in technology and global trade have led to a world where virtually everything we could want or need is available on tap.
- What the role of the United States has been in creating such a world, and why it seems to be rapidly losing interest in maintaining this role.
- What would happen if this interconnected world were to suddenly become disconnected — and the nations of the world had to become self-sufficient and produce their own goods, food, and energy.
- How only a small percentage of the world’s countries could successfully adapt to such a disruption, and what this would mean for the majority of the global population.
- What the aftermath of this social upheaval might look like, and how we can be best prepared to emerge from the chaos intact.
- And much more…
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
You don’t have to buy a ticket to Disneyland to discover that it’s a small world (after all). In the 21st century, you can go practically anywhere without giving up the comforts of home, and you can enjoy access to goods and services from around the globe without leaving the house. But what if this level of convenience that we take for granted were to suddenly disappear? What would the world look like if supply chains that sustain the way of life we’ve come to expect were severed, and we were all left to fend for ourselves?
On this episode, we’re rejoined by Peter Zeihan, geopolitical strategist and author of The End of the World is Just the Beginning: Mapping the Collapse of Globalization, to discuss the repercussions of big changes to the status quo currently unfolding on the world stage. Here, we explore how this world came to be, the factors that contribute to its instability, and what chaos will ensue — more likely when rather than if — it all comes tumbling down. Listen, learn, and enjoy!
Please Scroll Down for Featured Resources and Transcript!
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Jordan Harbinger Show receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you for your support!
This Episode Is Sponsored By:
- Peloton: Learn more at onepeloton.com/row
- WRKOUT: Go to wrkout.com/jordan to sign up with a virtual trainer
- US Bank: Apply at usbank.com/altitudego for 20,000 bonus points
- HVMN: Go to HVMN.com promo code JORDAN for 20% off Ketone-IQ
If you want to hear the last time Peter Zeihan was on the show, be sure to check out episode 640: Peter Zeihan | Why the World Should Care About Ukraine!
Thanks, Peter Zeihan!
If you enjoyed this session with Peter Zeihan, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out at Twitter:
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources from This Episode:
- The End of the World is Just the Beginning: Mapping the Collapse of Globalization by Peter Zeihan | Amazon
- Peter Zeihan | Why the World Should Care About Ukraine | Jordan Harbinger
- Zeihan on Geopolitics
- Zeihan on Geopolitics | YouTube
- Peter Zeihan | Twitter
- Disunited Nations: The Scramble for Power in an Ungoverned World by Peter Zeihan | Amazon
- The Accidental Superpower: The Next Generation of American Preeminence and the Coming Global Disorder by Peter Zeihan | Amazon
- The Absent Superpower: The Shale Revolution and a World Without America by Peter Zeihan | Amazon
- Globalization in Business with History and Pros and Cons | Investopedia
- This Is an Incredible Visualization of the World’s Shipping Routes | Vox
- A Shipping Container’s Journey from China to USA | American Trailer Rentals
- How One of the World’s Biggest Ships Jammed the Suez Canal | The New York Times
- EU Ban on Russian Oil: Why It Matters and What’s Next | Centre for Research on Energy and Clean Air
- The US Protects the Global Commons. Others Can Police Its Choke Points | Defense One
- Pirate Interdiction and the US Navy | Naval History and Heritage Command
- How a Band of German Pirates Captured 15 Ships during World War I | War History Online
- China’s Geography Problem | Wendover Productions
- China’s New Aircraft Carrier: Never Mind the Fujian, These Are the Ships the US Should Worry About | CNN
- How Geography Explains the United States | Foreign Policy
- 5 Reasons Why Geography Is America’s Greatest Weapon Against an Invasion | Military.com
- Peter Zeihan: What is The History of Globalization? China | GEONOW
- Richard Nixon’s Visit to China: His Mao Zedong Meeting in 1972 Stunned World | The Washington Post
- Peter Zeihan: China’s Demographic Collapse and Geography | GEONOW
- China’s Former One-Child Policy Continues to Haunt Families | NPR
- Birthrates and the End of the World | Zeihan on Geopolitics
- What’s Driving the Decline in US Population Growth? | PRB
- Laowhy86 | China Uprising | Out of the Loop | Jordan Harbinger
- China’s Hukou Reform in 2022: Do They Mean it This Time? | CSIS
- The iPhone Supply Chain in 2022 | PAT Research
- New Data Reveals How Immigration Can Help Meet Labor Demands and Move the US Economy Forward | American Immigration Council
- North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
- Peter Zeihan: Why China Will Not Last This Decade | All Things Humanities
- Matthew Campbell | Examining Global Shipping’s Grim Underbelly | Jordan Harbinger
- Venezuela’s Vast Oil Wealth Could Become The World’s Largest Stranded Asset | OilPrice.com
- Electricity in Transition | Zeihan on Geopolitics
- Rare Earth Elements: Where in the World Are They? | Visual Capitalist
- US Job Growth Eases, but Is Too Strong to Suit Investors | The New York Times
- Global Agriculture at the End of the World | Zeihan on Geopolitics
- Putting Ukraine’s Grain Export Deal Into Context | Zeihan on Geopolitics
- Inflation? We Ain’t Seen Nothin’ Yet | Zeihan on Geopolitics
Sign up to receive email updates
Enter your name and email address below and I'll send you periodic updates about the podcast.