As a child, you were sexually abused by an older sibling, and you, in turn, abused your younger sibling. How can you overcome the guilt and shame you feel to repair your relationship with this person you’ve deeply hurt? We’ll try to find an answer to this and more here on Feedback Friday!
And in case you didn’t already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Gabriel Mizrahi (@GabeMizrahi) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com. Now let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- Some listener feedback about the butt-dialer situation from episode 732.
- As a child, you were sexually abused by an older sibling, and you, in turn, abused your younger sibling. How can you overcome the guilt and shame you feel to repair your relationship with this person you’ve deeply hurt? [Thanks to Brad Watts and Maria Socolof for helping us with this heavy one!]
- To your chagrin, the team lead in your old department — someone you consider a friend — wants you to keep helping out even though you’ve moved on to another position at the company. How do you navigate this without completely blowing up your friendship with this colleague?
- Your mother’s guilt from cheating on your late father and contributing to the stress that killed him has given her an eating disorder and sapped her will to live. Is there anything you can do to bring her back from the brink?
- Can you be a high achiever in law school and work and still have time for family, friends, and the things you love?
- You were raised by a verbally and physically abusive mother, and grew up in an area where you were ethnically persecuted daily. As a result, you suffer from PTSD that therapy has only seemed to make worse, and you can’t really seem to return the love you’ve been given in past relationships. Is it possible to find a balance between loneliness and happiness?
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Gabriel on Twitter at @GabeMizrahi.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Please Scroll Down for Featured Resources and Transcript!
Please note that some of the links on this page (books, movies, music, etc.) lead to affiliate programs for which The Jordan Harbinger Show receives compensation. It’s just one of the ways we keep the lights on around here. Thank you for your support!
This Episode Is Sponsored By:
- Peloton: Learn more at onepeloton.com
- Innovation Refunds: Go to getrefunds.com/jordan, click on “Qualify Me,” and answer a few questions
- BetterHelp: Get 10% off your first month at betterhelp.com/jordan
- Progressive: Get a free online quote at progressive.com
- No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen: Listen here or wherever you find fine podcasts!
Miss our conversation with actor, producer, and Scientology survivor Leah Remini? Get caught up with episode 485: Leah Remini | Surviving Hollywood and Scientology here!
Resources from This Episode:
- Miki Mistrati | The Dark Side of the Chocolate Industry | Jordan Harbinger
- Dr. Sohom Das | Rehabilitating the Criminally Insane | Jordan Harbinger
- Low-Key Beguiler is a Cheating Butt-Dialer | Feedback Friday | Jordan Harbinger
- Sibling Sexual Abuse: A Guide for Confronting America’s Silent Epidemic by Brad Watts | Amazon
- Brad Watts | Website
- Confronting & Healing Sibling Sexual Trauma | 5 WAVES
- Real People. Real Pain. Real Hope. | Sibling Sexual Trauma
- Survivors Who Harm Others | Sibling Sexual Trauma
- Tragedy, Impact, and Intent | Sibling Sexual Trauma
- Maria Socolof | Twitter
- The Different Causes of Eating Disorders | Verywell Mind
- Scott Galloway | Course Correcting an America Adrift | Jordan Harbinger
- Johann Hari | Why You Can’t Pay Attention—And What to Do About It | Jordan Harbinger
- Cal Newport | Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World | Jordan Harbinger
- Nir Eyal | How to Manage Distraction in a Digital Age | Jordan Harbinger
- Isaiah Hankel | The Smart Way to Focus and Grow Successful | Jordan Harbinger
- Chris Bailey | Hyperfocus Secrets for Better Productivity | Jordan Harbinger
- James Clear | Forming Atomic Habits for Astronomic Results | Jordan Harbinger
- BJ Fogg | Tiny Habits That Change Everything | Jordan Harbinger
- Sean Young | Changing Your Life for Good with SCIENCE | Jordan Harbinger
- When PTSD Gets Worse Before It Gets Better | HealthyPlace
- Should I Relive the Drama of Childhood Trauma? | Feedback Friday | Jordan Harbinger
- The Narcissist’s Prayer | The Life Doctor
- Dr. Ramani | How to Protect Yourself from a Narcissist Part One | Jordan Harbinger
- Dr. Ramani | How to Protect Yourself from a Narcissist Part Two | Jordan Harbinger
Sign up to receive email updates
Enter your name and email address below and I'll send you periodic updates about the podcast.