Dan Schawbel (@DanSchawbel) is a New York Times best-selling author and host of the 5 Questions with Dan Schawbel podcast. His latest book is Back to Human: How Great Leaders Create Connection in the Age of Isolation.
What We Discuss with Dan Schawbel:
- How loneliness sneaks up on us and what it costs in terms of health and well-being.
- The human need for recognition and how something as simple as a phone screen can be a barrier between work colleagues, friends, and even your own family.
- Why great leaders hire for personality and lead with empathy.
- How to find a balance between the usefulness of electronic tools as a means of connecting us socially and outright addiction to the tools themselves.
- Why one face-to-face conversation is more valuable than 34 back-and-forth emails.
- And much more…
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
The 21st century workplace has tools that allow us to connect with our coworkers in ways never before possible. In spite of this, research has shown that electronic and virtual communication actually contributes to a stronger sense of isolation at work than ever before.
Dan Schawbel joins us for this bonus to talk about his latest book, Back to Human: How Great Leaders Create Connection in the Age of Isolation, which explains how a more socially connected workforce creates greater fulfillment, productivity, and engagement while preventing burnout and turnover.
Please Scroll down for Featured Resources!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
THANKS, DAN SCHAWBEL!
If you enjoyed this session with Dan Schawbel, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out at Twitter:
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com.
Resources from This Episode:
- Back to Human: How Great Leaders Create Connection in the Age of Isolation by Dan Schawbel (Free download of the book’s introduction here.)
- 5 Questions with Dan Schawbel Podcast
- Future Workplace
- Millennial Branding
- Workplace Trends
- Dan Schawbel’s website
- Dan Schawbel at Instagram
- Dan Schawbel at Facebook
- Dan Schawbel at Twitter
- Back to Human ’80s Office Party