Jonathan Haidt (@JonHaidt) is a social psychologist who studies the American culture wars and is widely considered to be one of the world’s leading experts on the psychology of morality. He is the co-author of The Coddling of the American Mind: How Good Intentions and Bad Ideas Are Setting Up a Generation for Failure.
What We Discuss with Jonathan Haidt:
- Why should we be preparing the child for the road and not the road for the child?
- How the concepts of safe spaces and trigger warnings are making our society less safe and less prepared for the real world.
- What we should be doing instead to prepare ourselves and our kids for reality.
- Cognitive distortions and how we become victims of our own flawed mindsets.
- The three fundamental untruths being perpetuated by academia and the media and how we can fight these influences.
- And much more…
- Have Alexa and want flash briefings from The Jordan Harbinger Show? Go to jordanharbinger.com/alexa and enable the skill you’ll find there!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
As Friedrich Nietzsche once said, that which does not kill us makes us stronger. But what happens when we keep ourselves so far out of harm’s way that we never build resilience against the world’s dangers? What if we never develop the ability to think critically because we’re too busy sheltering ourselves and others from ideas that challenge how we view the world?
The Coddling of the American Mind: How Good Intentions and Bad Ideas Are Setting Up a Generation for Failure co-author Jonathan Haidt joins us to sound the alarm against blind acceptance of safety measures that hold uncomfortable reality at bay and make us incapable of coping with the world as it is rather than what we wish it to be. Listen, learn, and enjoy!
Please Scroll down for Full Show Notes and Featured Resources!
Want to turn your current work station into a standing desk, treadmill desk, or sitting desk at your command? You can try Varidesk products risk-free for 30 days with free shipping and free returns if you’re not satisfied. Stand more, sit less, and boost your productivity at VARIDESK.com/FORBES!
Do you want fancy designer jeans that look pretty at the club or good-looking but functional jeans that adventurers, go-getters, and rodeo riders have relied on for over 70 years? Try Wrangler — denim made for the modern world. Check ’em out here!
Avoid trips to the post office with Stamps.com — The Jordan Harbinger Show listeners can get a four-week trial that includes a digital postal scale and free postage by entering code JORDAN after clicking on the radio microphone at the top of the page here!
Sign up for Level One of Advanced Human Dynamics — our free networking and relationship development mini course at jordanharbinger.com/levelone!
THANKS, JONATHAN HAIDT!
If you enjoyed this session with Jonathan Haidt, let him know by clicking on the link below and sending him a quick shout out at Twitter:
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com.
Resources from This Episode:
- The Coddling of the American Mind: How Good Intentions and Bad Ideas Are Setting Up a Generation for Failure by Greg Lukianoff and Jonathan Haidt
- The Righteous Mind: Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion by Jonathan Haidt
- Jonathan Haidt’s website
- Jonathan Haidt at Twitter