If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Now, let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- Is your passively stoic expression (aka resting bitch face) getting you turned down for promotions? Here’s some advice for turning down the Spock and cranking up the rock.
- How can you reduce stress and have a social life when your deadly serious job requires you to be on call 24/7/365?
- In trying new ways to strike up conversations without coming across as having a motive or being awkward, how do you spot the line you shouldn’t cross?
- Are you missing out on life by not spending as much time and energy on your relationships and friendships in your 20s because you’re so focused on personal development?
- For a year and a half, your drug-abusing friend’s been cut out of your life for ignoring the help you offered. Now he’s in rehab and you don’t feel much like re-engaging. Are you being selfish?
- You’re understandably skittish about taking your dog out after he was attacked and severely injured by a bigger, unleashed dog. How can you reintroduce him to socializing, get the irresponsible owner to cover vet expenses, and prevent this from happening in the future?
- Is working for your significant other’s brother’s business — even though you’re not really qualified yet — an opportunity or trouble waiting to happen? There are many issues at stake here, not the least of which is: what happens if you break up?
- Are cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies still relevant in 2019?
- Pro Tip: If you use AT&T, download the AT&T Call Protect app, which crowdsources spam and robocaller information.
- Recommendation of the Week: Inside The Mossad
- Quick shoutout to Mitchell Smith!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Candid Co gives you clear braces without in-office visits for 65% less than a traditional orthodontist. Get started with an at-home modeling kit today for 25% off at this link with code JORDAN at checkout!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Better Help offers affordable, online counseling at your convenience. If you’re coping with depression, stress, anxiety, addiction, or any number of issues, you’re not alone. Talk with a licensed professional therapist for 10 percent off your first month at betterhelp.com/jordan!
TurboTax, QuickBooks, and Mint are giant solutions that give you the power to prosper! Learn how to optimize your finances before tax time at intuit.com!
The Adam Carolla Show is the number one daily downloaded podcast in the World! Get it on as Adam shares his thoughts on current events, relationships, airport security, specialty pizzas, politics, and anything else he can complain about — five days a week on PodcastOne here!
Resources from This Episode:
- TJHS 159: Cal Newport | Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World
- TJHS 160: Deep Dive | Why Does Self-Help Make You Feel Terrible?
- Six-Minute Networking (aka Level One)
- Local Improv Classes
- TJHS 58: Feedback Friday | How to Save Someone from a Self-Help Cult
- Harvard Business Review
- Caleb Bacon
- 5 Tips for Being Friends with a Recovering Addict by Caroline Burau, Mindbodygreen
- How Did Pit Bulls Get Such a Bad Rap? by Jon Bastian, Cesar’s Way
- Stun Batons on Amazon
- Better Help
- The Blockchain and the New Architecture of Trust by Kevin Werbach and Sandra Braman
- AT&T Call Protect
- Inside The Mossad
- TJHS Bonus: Ehud Barak | My Country, My Life
- TJHS 157: John Ruhlin | Ways to Give Gifts That Make a Big Difference