You’re having issues with retroactive jealousy regarding your significant other’s past. You’ve tried to find resources to help you cope with this, but most of what’s you’ve found feels gimmicky with little to no real information or exercises aimed at helping you overcome these feelings. In this Feedback Friday, we’ll try to lend a helping hand.
And in case you didn’t already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Jason DeFillippo (@jpdef) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com. Now let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- Your parents are first cousins, and it’s a secret not many know — including your significant other with whom you’re building a life. Are you obligated to share this?
- Creeps offering to rub your realtor girlfriend’s feet for $500 isn’t the side hustle she was hoping for; how do you ensure she’s safe when meeting clients in empty houses?
- You love your job, but you don’t love the corporate culture and lengthy commute. When is the right time or the wrong time to trade one company for another?
- How do you go about asking for the raise you know you deserve (especially as more tasks are being assigned your way) without jeopardizing your current position?
- You’ve been using our free Six-Minute Networking course, but have a few questions about some of the details. We’re here to help!
- Is Better Help cheaper than in-office therapists, and is it covered by traditional work health options? How do you evaluate it from a budget priority standpoint?
- You’re trying to prove your value during your company’s review period, but one of your overseers seems closed-minded to your process. What’s your best move forward?
- Even though you don’t consider yourself possessive, you have intense bouts of retroactive jealousy regarding your partner’s not-that-sordid past. How do you move past it?
- Pro Tip of the Week: Instead of saying ‘my ex,’ say ‘a guy/girl I dated.’ ‘My ex’ insinuates that person is still a part of your life.
- Recommendation of the Week: Chernobyl on HBO
- A quick shoutout to Liam from the UK!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Explore Blue Diamond for all your almond product needs. From delicious almond nut snacks to gift baskets, they’ve got you covered at a store near you or at bluediamond.com!
Better Help offers affordable, online counseling at your convenience. If you’re coping with depression, stress, anxiety, addiction, or any number of issues, you’re not alone. Talk with a licensed professional therapist for 10 percent off your first month at betterhelp.com/jordan!
Resources from This Episode:
- Mark Manson | Channeling Hope, Choosing Problems, and Changing Values, TJHS 198
- Ramit Sethi | I Will Teach You to Be Rich, TJHS 199
- How to Find a Mentor (And Make the Most of the Relationship) by Jordan Harbinger
- Few Risks Seen to the Children of First Cousins by Denise Grady, The New York Times
- Is Marrying Your Cousin Actually Dangerous? by Gene Kim and Shira Polan, Business Insider
- Dueling Banjos, Deliverance
- Money for Nothing? Here’s a Guide to Financial Domination for Beginners by Miranda Kane, Metro
- Joe Navarro | How to Identify and Protect Yourself from Harmful People, TJHS 135
- The Gift of Fear and Other Survival Signals that Protect Us From Violence by Gavin de Becker
- Dropcam Wi-Fi Wireless Video Monitoring Camera
- Google Alerts
- Dashcams, Amazon
- Alex Kouts | The Secrets You Don’t Know About Negotiation Part One, TJHS 70
- How to Get Hired Like a Boss | Feedback Friday, TJHS 185
- The Briefcase Technique by Ramit Sethi, I Will Teach You to Be Rich
- Six-Minute Networking
- Jordan Harbinger & ME, Bertcast 340
- Eric Schmidt at Twitter
- Better Help
- How To Deal With a Friend Who Dominates Conversations | Feedback Friday, TJHS 191
- Guy Kawasaki | Life Lessons from a Wise Guy, TJHS 190
- Overcoming Retroactive Jealousy: A Guide to Getting Over Your Partner’s Past and Finding Peace by Zachary Stockill
- NYC Relationship Expert Susan Winter
- David Buss | Troubleshooting Strategies from the Evolution of Desire, TJHS 123
- Chernobyl, HBO
- Just Crack an Egg!