There’s lots of stuff in this one about investing wisely and eradicating debt — especially student debt — thanks to some professional help from our all-star, money-ninja accountant Matt Rzepka, along with the usual questions about everything else we get here on Feedback Friday.
And in case you didn’t already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Jason DeFillippo (@jpdef) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com. Now let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- You judge people quickly, won’t suck up to authority, and have a reputation as being unapproachable. What’s really going on, and are you stuck this way?
- You’re a frugally living 37-year-old doctor swimming in med school debt. Should you put all your money into saving and investments or toward extra loan repayment?
- For someone with student loan debt just starting out in their career, what is the best move for financial freedom? Should you pay off debt, invest, build savings, or acquire assets?
- Early in med school with many years of debt ahead, is it still worth it to be locking your money up and committing to your monthly index fund?
- Your network connection is great at opening doors, but lackluster in work ethic. Is there a way to inoffensively compensate them for opening those doors without involving them in the actual job that results?
- Are you really offended when an entertainer (say, a podcaster) openly expresses their political views, or are you just offended when their political views seem to differ from yours?
- How can you stop giving in to your need for instant gratification and become a productive member of society when you lack discipline and think the world’s ending anyway?
- Life Pro Tip: If you volunteer to give up your seat on an overbooked flight, don’t just take the first offer. Tell the gate agent, “Toss in another $200+/- and I’ll go for it.” They’ll almost always agree, because a willing volunteer is worth it. And if they offer you a meal voucher, ask for a day pass to their first class club instead. It will have food plus other amenities!
- Recommendation of the Week: The Dawn Wall
- A quick shoutout to Malak Firaas from (the nation of) Jordan!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Explore Blue Diamond for all your almond product needs. From delicious almond nut snacks to gift baskets, they’ve got you covered at a store near you or at bluediamond.com!
Better Help offers affordable, online counseling at your convenience. If you’re coping with depression, stress, anxiety, addiction, or any number of issues, you’re not alone. Talk with a licensed professional therapist for 10 percent off your first month at betterhelp.com/jordan!
NetSuite by Oracle allows you to manage sales, finances, accounting, orders, and HR for your business instantly on the cloud from anywhere! Download your free guide — Seven Key Strategies to Grow Your Profits — at netsuite.com/jordan!
Find out what “Good Game” really means from a trio who’s taken the sports business by storm: Rick Fox, Jace Hall, and Todd Roy. Check out The GG Podcast on PodcastOne here!
Resources from This Episode:
- LeVar Burton | Storytelling the Enemies of Education Off, TJHS 213
- Gabriel Weinberg | How Mental Models Boost Super Thinking, TJHS 214
- Why Confidence Matters (And How to Get It) by Jordan Harbinger
- Who is Charlie Munger? Wit and Wisdom From The World’s Most Irreverent Billionaire, Farnam Street
- Income-Driven Repayment: Is It Right for You? NerdWallet
- Matt Rzepka, Valley Oak
- Compound Interest Calculator, Investor.gov
- Ramit Sethi | I Will Teach You to Be Rich, TJHS 199
- Arthur Brooks | How Loving Your Enemies Can Save America, TJHS 211
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Stephen R. Covey
- Rationalizations, Ethics Unwrapped
- James Clear | Forming Atomic Habits for Astronomic Results, TJHS 108
- Atomic Habits: An Easy and Proven Way to Build Good Habits and Break Bad Ones by James Clear
- Quake III Arena
- Fatal1ty at Twitter
- The Dawn Wall