You’ve made it to what some would consider middle age — in spite of stumbling over every possible mistake along the way. But instead of enjoying your triumph over the odds, you can’t shake the feeling that it’s past time to get off the hamster wheel and make a difference. You’re frustrated and fearful of disappearing from the world without leaving your mark on it or handing down a legacy, some security, and a vision of what’s achievable to your kids, so we’ll do our best to help you figure out how on this Feedback Friday!
And in case you didn’t already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Jason DeFillippo (@jpdef) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com. Now let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- Interested in doing some prison time with Jordan next February? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for details!
- Does a 32-year-old need to tell Mom before getting tattoos?
- How do you say no to an insurance pyramid scheme?
- Should you begin with your professional or personal life when overhauling for a fresh start?
- What steps could you possibly take to get both of your bickering siblings to grow up?
- How do you get your employer to see the value in letting you work from home once the baby you’re expecting is due?
- Is it a mean-spirited, drama-loving academic advisor who is holding up your thesis progress, or is it secretly you?
- You’ve made it to age 50 and feel like a frustrated nobody, fearful of never leaving your mark on the world. How can you turn things around?
- Your spouse of three years is just now telling you about their massive debt. How can you be supportive without ransacking your own savings?
- Life Pro Tip: When starting your day at an amusement park with kids, take a full body pic of each person individually so that if anyone gets lost, you can show security exactly what they look like that day.
- Recommendation of the Week: The Family
- A quick shoutout to Brett Jesperson!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Rocket Mortgage by Quicken Loans. Apply simply. Understand fully. Mortgage confidently. To get started, go to RocketMortgage.com/JORDAN!
If you’re like us, you’d get through your reading list a lot faster if you changed it to a listening list! Thanks to Audible, you can, too. So start listening with a 30-day Audible trial and your first audiobook plus two Audible Originals are free. Visit audible.com/HARBINGER or text HARBINGER to 500-500.
Saving money on your car insurance is easy with Progressive. It’s an average savings of $699 a year for customers who switch and save! Get your quote online at Progressive.com and see how much you could be saving today!
Great protection. Fair prices. Easy to use. SimpliSafe is the right way to protect your home at half the size and double the range — go to SimpliSafe.com/jordan to learn more!
Like true crime tales? The Court Junkie Podcast shines a light on the injustices of the judicial system by delving into court documents, attending trials, and interviewing those close to these trials to root out the whole truth. Check out the Court Junkie Podcast on PodcastOne here!
Resources from This Episode:
- Richard Clarke | Defending Ourselves in the Age of Cyber Threats, TJHS 240
- Scott Young | Ultralearning Your Way to Skill Mastery, TJHS 241
- How to Help People Change for the Right Reasons by Jordan Harbinger
- Catherine Hoke — The Master of Second Chances, The Tim Ferriss Show 293
- What I Learned Spending the Day in a Maximum-Security Prison by Jordan Harbinger
- How to Rescue Your Loved One From an MLM Scam | Feedback Friday, TJHS 164
- Steven Hassan | Combating Cult Mind Control Part One, TJHS 237
- How to Quit Your Dream Job Gracefully | Feedback Friday, TJHS 236
- antiMLM, Reddit
- Better Help
- Catch Me If You Can: The True Story of a Real Fake by Frank W. Abagnale and Stan Redding
- The Gift of Fear: Survival Signals That Protect Us from Violence by Gavin De Becker
- Mississippi Maternity and Pregnancy: What You Need to Know, BLR
- How to Find a Mentor (And Make the Most of the Relationship) by Jordan Harbinger
- How to Be a Good Mentor | Feedback Friday, TJHS 229
- Debt Relief: Understand Your Options and Consequences, NerdWallet
- The Family