Knowing how to find a mentor is something we’ve covered in depth on this show, but what advice do we have for those of you who are answering the call and want to know how to be a good mentor? In this Feedback Friday, we’ll try to give this excellent question the answer it deserves.
And in case you didn’t already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Jason DeFillippo (@jpdef) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com. Now let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- Why has your spouse stopped calling and writing you from prison? Don’t panic! Here are no less than eight possibilities.
- Should you send an unsolicited text to a professional in your field just because happenstance landed their number in your lap?
- You’ve been house hunting for six months, beaten in acceptance offers three times, and you’re burning out. What’s our advice for keeping your chin up?
- What kind of problems can arise when college-age friends decide to become roommates? Let us count the (potential) ways!
- You want to up your metaphor game from Candy Land to chess. Here’s a strategy to expedite your victorious cry of “checkmate!”
- Your employer wants to start a podcast with you taking lead. How should you intelligently approach the compensation side of negotiation?
- Your significant other’s mother is a paranoid narcissist who is trying to pull you apart. How can you loosen her grip on your beloved?
- Thanks to being a long-time listener, you know how to find a mentor. But how do you ensure you’re a good mentor when people come seeking your help?
- Life Pro Tip: If you want to give your future child a unique or random name, consider making it their middle name.
- Recommendation of the Week: Last Breath
- Quick shout out to The World Wanderer!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Luminary is a podcast streaming platform that gives you access to 500k+ shows, when and where you want. Sign up for Luminary Premium at luminary.link/jordan and access your first two months of premium content for free!
Rocket Mortgage by Quicken Loans. Apply simply. Understand fully. Mortgage confidently. To get started, go to RocketMortgage.com/JORDAN!
Say It Forward brings top money advisor Rebecca Rothstein with guest hosts Lee Ann Daly and Kim Garner as they go inside the real life stories of fascinating people at the vanguard of art, music, business, pop culture, TV, film, fashion and more. Join them as their guests rewind to the beginning and Say It Forward here on PodcastOne!
Created by Mike Dillard, Self-Made Man is for men who want to achieve greatness, who want to leave their mark on the world, and create a legacy of honor, integrity, and achievement in every aspect of their lives. Check out the Self-Made Man podcast here!
Resources from This Episode:
- Eric Schmidt | How a Coach Can Bring out the Best in You, TJHS 201
- Shane Snow | Cognitive Self-Defense Against Intellectual Dishonesty, TJHS 202
- If You’re Struggling with Abundance, Try This Instead by Jordan Harbinger
- What I Learned Spending the Day in a Maximum-Security Prison by Jordan Harbinger
- 5 Constructive Ways to Deal With Bad Roommates, Noodle
- 7 Tips for Creating (Poignant) Poetic Metaphors, Power Poetry
- How Do Podcasts Make Money? Here Are 8 Intriguing Ways, Listen Notes
- Joe Navarro | How to Identify and Protect Yourself from Harmful People, TJHS 135
- Better Help
- How to Find a Mentor (And Make the Most of the Relationship) by Jordan Harbinger
- 15 Grave Mistakes To Avoid Making With Your Mentee, Forbes
- Last Breath, Netflix