You’re in your 30s, single, and you have a problem with prostitutes. You don’t even really enjoy the experience and you know it’s not worth your time, money, or the legal or health risks, but you still have an irresistible compulsion to continue meeting with them. Even more troubling is that you’ve noticed it’s slowly changing how you see money and women. You know you’d like to settle down with the right woman some day, but you worry that the temptation to cheat on her with a prostitute could ruin everything. It’s out of control. So what can you do? On this Feedback Friday, we’ll try to help you figure out how to quit your prostitute problem (and determine why you have one in the first place).
And in case you didn’t already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Jason DeFillippo (@jpdef) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Now let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- Interested in doing some prison time with Jordan next February? It’s filling up fast; reach out to email@example.com for details!
- Your proclivity for prostitutes is a problem. Perhaps there’s a process to properly put this pricey, precarious, and pointless pursuit out to pasture?
- As a first time juror, how do you balance your desire for justice with impartiality in a difficult-to-prove case? [Thanks to Corbin Payne, Esq. for helping with this one!]
- When everyone has to work harder to make up for the boss’ brother (who pulls full salary but only shows up half the time), can company culture be called to task, or is it just time to move on?
- You wound up on Hertz’s do not rent list as the result of a fraudster stealing cars under your identity. The company refuses to take you off the list in spite of proof you weren’t at fault. Is there any recourse for you?
- You believe you have solid ideas, but no capital or time to develop and market them. Is it possible to sell these ideas to someone with these resources without getting taken advantage of?
- You’ve just turned 18, but feel directionless. While you don’t want to live a “normal” life that’s been played out millions of times, becoming a therapist or trying your hand at standup comedy have crossed your mind. What’s our advice?
- If you’re the average of the five people you spend the most time with, what happens when you can’t relate to anyone in your immediate circle since moving to be closer to your spouse’s family in another country and settling for a miserable, underpaying job?
- Your coworker would be more articulate (and effective at his job) if he could only eliminate that Beaky Buzzard-like “duhhhhh” he uses as conversation filler. How can you tactfully suggest ways for him to hone his presentation skills?
- Life Pro Tip: Set a nearby shop as your home address in your vehicle’s navigation system. If someone were to steal your car, the last thing you want is for them to have directions to your house with a set of keys and garage door opener.
- Recommendation of the Week: HBO Axios News
- A quick shoutout to Karina from the Andaz!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, join his podcasting club, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Rocket Mortgage by Quicken Loans. Apply simply. Understand fully. Mortgage confidently. To get started, go to RocketMortgage.com/JORDAN!
KiwiCo delivers monthly STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) crates that inspire kids to see themselves as scientists, artists, creators, and makers. Get your first month free at kiwico.com/jordan!
Like true crime tales? The Court Junkie Podcast shines a light on the injustices of the judicial system by delving into court documents, attending trials, and interviewing those close to these trials to root out the whole truth. Check out the Court Junkie Podcast on PodcastOne here!
Resources from This Episode:
- Dennis Rodman | The Worm Is Back, TJHS 258
- Jolene Brighten | Finding Balance Beyond the Pill, TJHS 259
- The Downside to Following Your Intuition by Jordan Harbinger
- Sex Addicts Anonymous (SAA)
- Better Help
- Malcolm Gladwell | What We Should Know about Talking to Strangers, TJHS 256
- Equifax Data Breach Settlement
- General Information Concerning Patents, United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Doctor-Turned-Comedian Ken Jeong Stops His Standup Show to Provide Medical Attention to an Audience Member, ABC News
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Neal Brennan’s 10 Defining Moments on His Path From Comedy-Club Doorman to Approval Matrix Host, Vulture
- You’re the Average of the Five People You Spend the Most Time With, Business Insider
- Chase Jarvis | Cultivating Your Creative Calling, TJHS 252
- Creative Calling: Establish a Daily Practice, Infuse Your World with Meaning, and Succeed in Work + Life by Chase Jarvis
- Beaky Buzzard, Bring Home Something for Dinner, Warner Bros.
- HBO Axios News
- Mondrian Los Angeles
- Andaz West Hollywood