People rarely admit to enjoying small talk, but that’s because so few of us are actually very good at it. Luckily, FEW is also a convenient-to-remember acronym for Facts, Emotions, Why — a foolproof formula for leading small talk that can yield big results. Find out how in this Feedback Friday!
And in case you didn’t already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Jason DeFillippo (@jpdef) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Now let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- When your friend repeatedly sends five-minute voice messages that a 10-second text would convey, how do you drive home the point that ain’t nobody got time for that?
- Congrats on quitting social media! But now what do you do with your spare two- to five-minute intervals you used to spend tweeting or reading Facebook? Glad you asked!
- How can somebody in a quaint but underdeveloped town find improv and behavioral classes to improve their skills and up their game on personal and professional fronts?
- Is it opportunistic to leverage interest other companies have shown in recruiting you when it’s time to negotiate for a raise — even when you planned to stick around anyway?
- Even though you consider yourself social and find your spouse’s friends a delight, they seem to think you don’t like them. How can you dispel their concerns and let your real feelings shine through?
- You’ve broken up with your significant other of four years for once again lying to you, but you feel guilty because they’ve been in therapy for the past six months trying to be better. What next?
- Your usually calm and cool significant other will be taking the bar exam soon, and a lot of things are up in the air until it’s passed. How can you express support without getting in the way?
- When you’ve lost trust in your business partner, what steps can you take to ensure you’re not on the hook for 100 percent of the company’s debt if things go even further south?
- Life Pro Tip: Drowning in debt from that unexpected hospital visit? Medical billing departments will often accept a fraction of what you “owe.”
- A quick shoutout to recently married listener and local Michael Moore!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Rocket Mortgage by Quicken Loans. Apply simply. Understand fully. Mortgage confidently. To get started, go to RocketMortgage.com/JORDAN!
Better Help offers affordable, online counseling at your convenience. If you’re coping with depression, stress, anxiety, addiction, or any number of issues, you’re not alone. Talk with a licensed professional therapist for 10 percent off your first month at betterhelp.com/jordan!
SquadCast is remote interview recording software used by professional podcasters that overcomes the quality restrictions of its competitors. Start your free trial by going to SquadCast.com and hear the difference today!
Saving money on your car insurance is easy with Progressive. It’s an average savings of $699 a year for customers who switch and save! Get your quote online at Progressive.com and see how much you could be saving today!
Like true crime tales? The Court Junkie Podcast shines a light on the injustices of the judicial system by delving into court documents, attending trials, and interviewing those close to these trials to root out the whole truth. Check out the Court Junkie Podcast on PodcastOne here!
Resources from This Episode:
- Oliver Bullough | Why Thieves and Crooks Rule the World, TJHS 228
- Cameron Herold | Making the Most of Your Bipolar Superpowers, TJHS 229
- What Happened When I Was Featured in The New York Times by Jordan Harbinger
- Five Signs Your Life Is Off Track (And What to Do About It) by Jordan Harbinger
- Is the Era of Voice Texting Upon Us? by Alyssa Bereznak, The Ringer
- People Who Send Voice Notes Are Poison by Georgina Ustik, The Next Web
- Amazon Kindle
- Logical Fallacies & Cognitive Biases iPhone App
- The Da Vinci Code: A Novel by Dan Brown
- Deep Dive | What to Do When Your Purpose Starts to Suck, TJHS 205
- Second City Improv Online Classes
- Skillshare (Get two months of free, unlimited classes from this link!)
- Alex Kouts | The Secrets You Don’t Know About Negotiation Part One, TJHS 70
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie