You’d love for your teenager to listen to this show and learn some life advice by proxy instead of having to endure it in real time like you did, but it seems unlikely. Why are teenagers so stubbornly opposed to parental wisdom? We can’t say for sure, but we do have some tricks for making them follow good advice against their own bratty proclivities.
And in case you didn’t already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Jason DeFillippo (@jpdef) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Now let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- When your main squeeze is giving you the turd degree for having one crappy day, perhaps something else stinks about your relationship. Should you dump them?
- Your professor drops your final grade if you don’t bring a doctor’s note for absences, but doesn’t suffer consequences when they miss a class. Should you bring up this double standard?
- Your significant other failed classes early in school thanks to social anxiety, but has since improved. Is it dishonest to prop up a low GPA on a resume by specifying the higher GPA of their major?
- How do you impart what you’ve learned from this show to your teenager, who is unlikely to listen to the show directly?
- Is it worth cultivating one-sided friendship with people who seem only interested in talking about themselves and their problems?
- Life Pro Tip: It might seem common knowledge, but make proper backups of all your data — not once a year but at least once a month.
- Recommendations of the Week: Business of Being Born and Good Fortune
- A quick shoutout to Jackie Jones!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Calm is the number one app for meditation and sleep! Want to explore its many benefits? Enjoy an exclusive discount of 25% off a Calm premium subscription by going to calm.com/jordan!
Luminary is a podcast streaming platform that gives you access to 500k+ shows, when and where you want. Sign up for Luminary Premium at luminary.link/jordan and access your first two months of premium content for free!
Better Help offers affordable, online counseling at your convenience. If you’re coping with depression, stress, anxiety, addiction, or any number of issues, you’re not alone. Talk with a licensed professional therapist for 10 percent off your first month at betterhelp.com/jordan!
Brother INKvestment Tank all-in-one inkjet printers keep your business running by delivering up to one year of printing without the need to replace ink cartridges! Until June 15th, get up to $50 off select INKvestment Tank models by going to inksaleradio.com!
Find out what “Good Game” really means from a trio who’s taken the sports business by storm: Rick Fox, Jace Hall, and Todd Roy. Check out The GG Podcast on PodcastOne here!
Resources from This Episode:
- Reid Hoffman | Mastering Your Scale for the Unexpected Part One, TJHS 207
- Reid Hoffman | Mastering Your Scale for the Unexpected Part Two, TJHS 208
- How to Use Embarrassment to Your Advantage by Jordan Harbinger
- Everybody Poops. But Here Are 9 Surprising Facts about Feces You May Not Know. by Joseph Stromberg, Vox
- Scott Galloway | Solving the Algebra of Happiness, TJHS 204
- NYU Stern Professor’s Advice to Student: Get Your S— Together by Mariana Simoes, Business Insider
- Science Figures Out Why Teenagers Are Stupid by Mike Fahey, Kotaku
- The Very Best Faygo Flavors, Ranked, Ranker Food
- Mike Rowe: Don’t Pursue Your Passion. Chase Opportunity. by Jason Fell, Entrepreneur
- One-Sided Friendship: 15 Clear Signs It’s Time to Cut Them Loose by Natasha Ivanovic, LovePanky
- Carbon Copy Cloner
- Google Drive
- Business of Being Born
- Good Fortune
- Handsome Dan, Wayne’s World 2