You recently discovered evidence that your friend of 12 years has a significant other who’s nothing but a no-good two-timer. Is it your place to call this out? Is exposing a cheater the right thing to do even if it may ruin your friendship? We’ll dig into this and more right here on Feedback Friday!
And in case you didn’t already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Jason DeFillippo (@jpdef) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com. Now let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- Interested in doing some prison time with Jordan next February? It’s filling up fast; reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for details!
- You recently uncovered dirt on your friend’s significant other as a faithless, two-timing snake. Is exposing this cheater the right thing to do?
- Recently reconnecting with an old friend, you were shocked to discover they’ve been diagnosed with a potentially fatal condition. While you’re not super close, you want to be of comfort without being awkward. What should you do?
- New to your field, you’ll be attending a networking event with other young professionals and industry veterans soon. What can you do to stand out and be remembered in a good way?
- You recently angered a friend by unknowingly poking fun at him for being single, but you’re so embarrassed and upset with yourself for hurting him that you don’t have the courage to apologize bravely and sincerely. How can you make things right?
- Someone you once considered close has in recent years become cold and judgmental, though you can’t point to any event that would constitute a falling out. Others in your circle have noticed, so you’re pretty sure it’s not just you. What can you do to get to the bottom of this?
- What’s the best way to cope with the psychological toll of starting and running your own business? (Thanks to Brian Clark from Copyblogger for fielding this one!)
- You consider yourself pretty genuine, so should you even be attempting to network with people you don’t like just because they’re decent connections within your industry?
- A friend has become annoyingly needy and narcissistic since breaking off an engagement. How can you break it to them that their behavior has become unacceptable without being heartless?
- Life Pro Tip: When you’re moving, pack a “first day” box with everything you think you’ll need right after you arrive. It’s annoying to dig through all your boxes for things like modems and hair dryers when you’re tired from your move.
- Recommendation of the Week: The Spy
- A quick shout out to everyone who listens to the show in part to practice their English, and to those who’ve written in to tell Jordan you appreciate his attention to articulation!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Rocket Mortgage by Quicken Loans. Apply simply. Understand fully. Mortgage confidently. To get started, go to RocketMortgage.com/JORDAN!
Borderlands 3 lets you shoot and loot your way through a mayhem-fueled adventure and gives you the chance to save the galaxy from a fanatical threat this September 13th! Pre-order now at Borderlands.com. (Rated M for Mature.)
NetSuite by Oracle allows you to manage sales, finances, accounting, orders, and HR for your business instantly on the cloud from anywhere! Download your free guide — Seven Key Strategies to Grow Your Profits — at netsuite.com/jordan!
Kettlebell Kitchen knows that meal planning isn’t “one-size fits all,” which is why it offers a personalized solution. As a new customer, you can go to kettlebellkitchen.com and enter code JORDAN for $50 off your first two orders!
LaunchPadDM is the number one new place to launch and host your podcast content. It’s free, easy to use, and provides podcasters with the most overall control and flexibility versus the platforms of any competitor. It’s also a great discovery tool for podcast lovers, with content on every topic. But if it’s not there — start one! Check out LaunchPadDM here!
Resources from This Episode:
- Chase Jarvis | Cultivating Your Creative Calling, TJHS 252
- Jamie Metzl | Genetic Engineering and the Future of Humanity, TJHS 253
- The Downside to Following Your Intuition by Jordan Harbinger
- 10 Historical Euphemisms for Infidelity, Mental Floss
- Six-Minute Networking
- Cameron Herold | Making the Most of Your Bipolar Superpowers, TJHS 229
- The Benjamin Franklin Effect: The Surprising Psychology of How to Handle Haters, Brain Pickings
- Flugelhorn, Wikipedia
- The Spy