You and the spouse moved in with your father-in-law to emotionally support him when your mother-in-law passed away, but it’s difficult to relax or work from home on a foldout bed in the dining room. How can you bring up the subject of bowing out to another (nearby) place — by yourself for the time being if necessary — without feeling insensitive? We’ll try to help you out with this and more here on Feedback Friday!
And in case you didn’t already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Gabriel Mizrahi (@GabeMizrahi) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Now let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- “A practical definition of opportunity cost: If you spend too much time working on good things, then you don’t have much time left to work on great things.” -James Clear
- You and the spouse moved in with your father-in-law to emotionally support him when your mother-in-law passed away, but it’s difficult to relax or work from home on a foldout bed in the dining room. How can you bring up the subject of finding another (nearby) place without feeling insensitive?
- When reconnecting with people you’ve lost touch with for ages, how can you diplomatically ask for exactly what you’re looking for without sounding like a user or opportunist?
- Is your reluctance to take on a new job that would pay you four times more than you’ve ever made before due to legitimate concerns over your own competence, or are you just suffering from pangs of imposter syndrome?
- You lent a friend $63k on your credit card, and it’s now clear you’ll never see that money again. Even worse, you’re stuck with the bill and can’t even cover minimum payments. You could consolidate your debt or file for bankruptcy — but are these really your only options?
- Working from home during quarantine made you realize you like being more present for your kids than commuting an hour each way to the office — which the boss wants you to start doing again now that the state has decreed things “safe.” Are you crazy for wanting to start your own business in these uncertain times?
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Gabriel on Twitter at @GabeMizrahi.
- And if you want to keep in touch with former co-host and JHS family Jason, find him on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Please Scroll Down for Featured Resources and Transcript!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Great protection. Fair prices. Easy to use. SimpliSafe is the right way to protect your home at half the size and double the range — go to SimpliSafe.com/jordan to learn more!
Better Help offers affordable, online counseling at your convenience. If you’re coping with depression, stress, anxiety, addiction, or any number of issues, you’re not alone. Talk with a licensed professional therapist for 10 percent off your first month at betterhelp.com/jordan!
HostGator has been around almost as long as the Internet. Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Saving money on your car insurance is easy with Progressive. It’s an average savings of $699 a year for customers who switch and save! Get your quote online at Progressive.com and see how much you could be saving today!
Miss the show we did with Jonathan Haidt — the social psychologist who studies the American culture wars and is widely considered to be one of the world’s leading experts on the psychology of morality? Catch up with episode 90: Jonathan Haidt | The Danger of Good Intentions and Safe Spaces!
Resources from This Episode:
- Blake Mycoskie | Made for Entrepreneurship | TJHS 380
- Neal Brennan | Comedy’s Triple Threat | TJHS 381
- 3-2-1: Opportunity Cost, Power of Listening, and the Stories We Tell Ourselves | James Clear
- Dr. Shasta | Not Quite What the Doctor Ordered
- Barenaked Ladies | Twitter
- Dig Your Well Before You’re Thirsty by Harvey Mackay
- Ray Dalio | Twitter
- How to Overcome Imposter Syndrome | Deep Dive | TJHS 127
- How to Stop Feeling Like An Imposter | Jordan Harbinger
- How to Fire Someone You Care About | Feedback Friday | TJHS 376
- Stop Financially Supporting Deadbeat Friends | Feedback Friday | TJHS 110
- Borrowing and Loaning Money Without Losing Friends | Feedback Friday | TJHS 29
- Debt Consolidation vs. Bankruptcy | Credit.com
- What to Know About Potential COVID-19 Treatment Remdesivir | Healthline
Sign up to receive email updates
Enter your name and email address below and I'll send you periodic updates about the podcast.