If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Now, let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- What can you do when your parents are hoarders with health issues who get enraged when you try to help them?
- Your calmness under stress seems like a positive trait in a medical professional. But are your peers right to call you disinterested?
- When you dislike idle chit chat, how do you respond to the small talk question “How’s business?” without being uncivil?
- Is becoming a police officer because you want to help people a good idea for someone who’s never really dealt with trauma, or could you be throwing yourself in the deep end?
- How might an over-55 sales professional re-entering the job market go about starting a consulting career?
- Jake from Intuit stops by to help us cope with financial crises around tax time.
- How do you beat feeling envious of others who maintain the discipline to see their self-improvements through?
- When you’re serious about networking, should you regularly cull connections on LinkedIn with people you don’t really know?
- Life Pro Tip (via Mark Frauenfelder’s Recomendo Newsletter): For Starbucks people traveling. When you’re leaving a foreign country and still have some of the local currency, take it to a Starbucks and load it onto a gift card. You can use the card later in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, Mexico, and the Republic of Ireland.
- Recommendations of the Week: The Dropout Podcast, The Dropout on 20/20, and The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley
- Quick shoutouts to Benjamin Torrero in Mexico City, Ankie Hille Hagen in Norway, and Officer Tim De La Pena!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Better Help offers affordable, online counseling at your convenience. If you’re coping with depression, stress, anxiety, addiction, or any number of issues, you’re not alone. Talk with a licensed professional therapist for 10 percent off your first month at betterhelp.com/jordan!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Brother INKvestment Tank all-in-one inkjet printers keep your business running by delivering up to one year of printing without the need to replace ink cartridges! Find out more by visiting ChangeTheWayYouInk.com!
TurboTax, QuickBooks, and Mint are giant solutions that give you the power to prosper! Learn how to optimize your finances before tax time at intuit.com!
On Divorce Sucks with Laura Wasser, family law attorney Laura Wasser answers questions, shares anecdotes and chats with opinionated men and women, innovative thought-leaders and celebrities about breaking up, getting divorced and moving on. Check it out on PodcastOne here!
Resources from This Episode:
- Beau Lotto | Why You See Differently When You Deviate, TJHS 177
- Michelle Tillis Lederman | Why Relationships Are Our Greatest Assets, TJHS 178
- How to Stop Blaming Other People When Things Go Wrong by Jordan Harbinger
- Clint Watts | Surviving in a World of Fake News, TJHS 172
- Hoarding and OCD, Stats, Characteristics, Causes, Treatment and Resources (Infographic), National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- How Do I Know If I’m a Hoarder? Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA)
- Deeper Cleaning: How I Came to Accept My Mother’s Hoarding Disorder by Brian Michael Riley, The Fix
- Clutter Image Rating, Oxford Clinical Psychology
- Self-Test: Is Your Clutter and Disorganization Out of Control? ADDitude
- Help for Hoarding Disorder, The Mayo Clinic
- BetterHelp Online Counseling | Chat, Video, and Phone Therapy
- 1-800-GOT-JUNK? Junk Removal
- Brian Scudamore | How Failure Can Be Your Key to Success, TJHS 175
- Blue Bloods
- Bad Lieutenant
- 6 Ways to Beat Burnout in a Police Officer by Althea Olson and Mike Wasilewski, PoliceOne
- The Briefcase Technique: A Two-Minute Video to Help You Earn Thousands by Ramit Sethi, I Will Teach You to Be Rich
- Deep Dive | Why Does Self-Help Make You Feel Terrible?, TJHS 160
- Robert Greene | What You Need to Know about the Laws of Human Nature, TJHS 117
- Jocko Willink | Why Discipline Beats Motivation Every Time, TJHS 15
- Triple J, Australia
- Recomendo Newsletter
- The Dropout Podcast
- The Dropout on 20/20
- The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley
- “It Rubs the Lotion on Its Skin” from Silence of the Lambs
- Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup by John Carreyrou