Getting a stalker to drop their obsession with you is seldom as simple as just telling them to go away — if anything, that might just make the problem worse. So what can you do? In this Feedback Friday, we’ll try to show you how to disappear from an unstoppable stalker without escalating an already bad situation.
And in case you didn’t already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Jason DeFillippo (@jpdef) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Now let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- How do you get a mentally ill stalker — who seems to track you down no matter how many precautions you take — to leave you alone for good?
- What should you do when your long-term significant other is an alcoholic in denial who regularly drinks themselves into becoming someone you don’t like?
- You had a breakup because you couldn’t commit to marriage after 2.5 years. You want to wait until you’re 100 percent ready, but when will that happen?
- With Jordan in Silicon Valley and Jason in Los Angeles, how do we seamlessly make it sound like we’re in the same room for Feedback Friday episodes?
- After multiple attempts to make it work with your Narcissistic Personality Disorder diagnosed ex, how do you truly move on and work on yourself?
- You’ve been mulling over the basics of starting a product-based business. What should you worry about now and what could be put off for later?
- While reaching out by text to dusty connections per our free Six-Minute Networking course, how do you know when it’s time to make a graceful exit from the conversation?
- There’s no doubt that finding a coach to help you through anything personal or professional can be valuable — but how do you find the right coach?
- Life Pro Tip: Budget $20-50 for a “just because” gift each month to someone.
- Recommendation of the Week: BlacKkKlansman
- Quick shoutouts to John Raynaud and Gene DeFillippo!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Better Help offers affordable, online counseling at your convenience. If you’re coping with depression, stress, anxiety, addiction, or any number of issues, you’re not alone. Talk with a licensed professional therapist for 10 percent off your first month at betterhelp.com/jordan!
The folks at BiOptimizers understand why you’re skeptical about probiotics as a way to increase your digestive and gut health. But without sharing TMI, we can confirm its patented P3-OM superstrain actually does what it’s supposed to do! Curious? Go to p3om.com/jordan for 20 percent off your first order and a full money-back guarantee!
The Hartford Insurance Group knows there’s nothing small in small business, and it’s been protecting customers for over 200 years. Learn what it can do for you and your business at thehartford.com/smallbusiness!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Find out what “Good Game” really means from a trio who’s taken the sports business by storm: Rick Fox, Jace Hall, and Todd Roy. Check out The GG Podcast on PodcastOne here!
Resources from This Episode:
- Scott Galloway | Solving the Algebra of Happiness, TJHS 204
- Deep Dive | What to Do When Your Purpose Starts to Suck, TJHS 205
- How to Use Embarrassment to Your Advantage by Jordan Harbinger
- The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker
- Joe Navarro | How to Identify and Protect Yourself from Harmful People, TJHS 135
- How to Obtain a Restraining Order In the United States by Jennifer Mueller, wikiHow
- Better Help
- How to Live with an Alcoholic: Dealing with an Alcoholic Spouse, AlcoRehab.org
- 10 Signs You’re Not Ready to Get Married, According to Experts by Carolin Lehmann, HuffPost
- iZotope RX 7 Advanced
- Logic Pro X
- Google Docs
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder Symptoms and Causes, The Mayo Clinic
- Six-Minute Networking
- Ramit Sethi | I Will Teach You to Be Rich, TJHS 199
- The Art Of Dr. Seuss Gallery