At work, you’re the youngest person on the team — but you’ve also been there longer than anyone else. Your boss (who lives in another state) refers to you as his site lead, but you don’t have an official title to reflect this. Your group needs the organization you know you can offer, but you don’t want to come off as a power-hungry usurper. How do you get your boss to clarify your role — to you and the team? On this Feedback Friday, we’ll show you how to ensure your authority is respected.
And in case you didn’t already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Jason DeFillippo (@jpdef) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com. Now let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- Interested in doing some prison time with Jordan next February? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for details!
- Is there a moral and/or legal obligation for Airbnb hosts to inform their guests when there are security cameras present — whether or not they’re recording anything?
- Are there any online courses or coaches specialized in social skills we would recommend for making conversation and connection easier?
- You’re worried you don’t come across as friendly. How can you improve your outer emotional reaction to people without feeling like you’re overacting and being fake?
- Your boss communicates with you as if you’re in a leadership position, but you feel like you have no authority. Do you need to ask him to clarify your role — to you and your team?
- Is sharing photos useful when you’re reconnecting with someone you haven’t seen in a while, and is there networking value in alumni associations?
- You tend to forget the lessons you learn from audiobooks after a couple of months. What is the best way to memorize and apply the key takeaways of these books?
- What are the logistics of carrying on a successful long-distance relationship with a significant other whose sister doesn’t like you and will probably undermine you from afar?
- You want to start a family, but your spouse’s fertility issues may prevent this. Additionally, they’re averse to therapy that might help lessen the impact or present options if you receive bad news. How can you be as supportive as possible?
- Life Pro Tip: Buy daily necessities in bulk when they’re on sale, and pay close attention to unit prices!
- Recommendation of the Week: Losing Sight of Shore
- A quick shoutout to Becky, Robin, and all of the women’s college volleyball players who listen to the show!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Highline Wellness offers premium CBD at honest prices, made with all-natural hemp extract and lab tested for consistent results. Get 15 percent off your next order with promo code JORDAN15 at highlinewellness.com!
Explore Blue Diamond for all your almond product needs. From delicious almond nut snacks to gift baskets, they’ve got you covered at a store near you or at bluediamond.com!
Rocket Mortgage by Quicken Loans. Apply simply. Understand fully. Mortgage confidently. To get started, go to RocketMortgage.com/JORDAN!
Saving money on your car insurance is easy with Progressive. It’s an average savings of $699 a year for customers who switch and save! Get your quote online at Progressive.com and see how much you could be saving today!
LaunchPadDM is the number one new place to launch and host your podcast content. It’s free, easy to use, and provides podcasters with the most overall control and flexibility versus the platforms of any competitor. It’s also a great discovery tool for podcast lovers, with content on every topic. But if it’s not there — start one! Check out LaunchPadDM here!
Resources from This Episode:
- Steven Hassan | Combating Cult Mind Control Part One, TJHS 237
- Steven Hassan | Combating Cult Mind Control Part Two, TJHS 238
- The Right Way to Manifest What You Want by Jordan Harbinger
- What I Learned Spending the Day in a Maximum-Security Prison by Jordan Harbinger
- What Are Airbnb’s Rules about Security Cameras and Other Recording Devices in Listings? Airbnb
- Six-Minute Networking
- The Science of Resting Bitch Face and How to Prevent It by Vanessa Van Edwards
- Alex Kouts | The Secrets You Don’t Know About Negotiation Part One, TJHS 70
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini
- Captivate: The Science of Succeeding with People by Vanessa Van Edwards
- How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Amazon Kindle
- Better Help
- Mike Abrashoff | It’s Your Ship — Here’s How to Shape It, TJHS 231
- Losing Sight of Shore