So your abusive ex has basically invaded your home and claimed squatter’s rights when the police showed up to escort them away. What can you do to get them out — and keep them out — of your life forever? Listen to this Feedback Friday to hear our take on the matter!
And in case you didn’t already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Jason DeFillippo (@jpdef) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Now let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- Should you be searching for a new job when you’re in extended treatment for a serious medical issue? Is it fair to your current or potential future employer?
- After time off from your relationship to finish grad school, you’re back with your significant other. But how can you get over the retroactive jealousy you feel?
- When you’re the parent of a junior high schooler, how can you create opportunities for your kid to build social skills with adults?
- When your mentally ill mother gave your estranged sister her house — from which she was then kicked out — do you have a legal claim to at least part of that house?
- How do you retain clients — without bashing your old employer — when it’s time to move on to a job that will be a better fit in your small, gossipy industry?
- Do you take on a higher paying, riskier job with a long commute to boost your debt repayments, or stay where you are where the growth is slow but more secure?
- You fired one contractor for shoddy remodeling work and had to hire others to fix it. What are your legal obligations regarding unfinished payment and equipment left behind?
- What can you do to keep an intrusive, abusive ex out of your life forever — especially when they move into your house and claim squatter’s rights when you try to kick them out?
- Life Pro Tip: If you’re a student planning your career, look up postings for your entry-level dream job, find the skills and qualifications you’ll need, then work backwards from there.
- Recommendation of the Week: I Am Mother
- Quick shoutouts to Corbin Payne, Esq. for helping with some of the legal stuff here, and Manny Dhillon!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Rocket Mortgage by Quicken Loans. Apply simply. Understand fully. Mortgage confidently. To get started, go to RocketMortgage.com/JORDAN!
FIGS knows nurses, doctors, dentists, and other awesome medical professionals deserve to wear scrubs that are antimicrobial and comfortable! Agree? Head to wearFIGS.com and enter code JORDAN at checkout for 15 percent off your first purchase!
Saving money on your car insurance is easy with Progressive. It’s an average savings of $699 a year for customers who switch and save! Get your quote online at Progressive.com and see how much you could be saving today!
Better Help offers affordable, online counseling at your convenience. If you’re coping with depression, stress, anxiety, addiction, or any number of issues, you’re not alone. Talk with a licensed professional therapist for 10 percent off your first month at betterhelp.com/jordan!
Hosted by Brooke Gittings and Bill Kurtis, Cold Case Files explores some of the most difficult-to-solve murders, which stymied investigators and went cold, sometimes for decades. Check it out here on PodcastOne!
Resources from This Episode:
- Mike Abrashoff | It’s Your Ship — Here’s How to Shape It, TJHS 231
- Daniel Goleman | A Logical Look at Emotional Intelligence, TJHS 232
- What Happened When I Was Featured in The New York Times by Jordan Harbinger
- Jayden Harbinger’s Baby Registry (Only because people asked!)
- How to Deal with Retroactive Jealousy | Feedback Friday, TJHS 200
- NYC Relationship Expert Susan Winter
- Dating & Image Expert Kimberly Seltzer
- Boy Scouts of America
- Girl Scouts of USA
- Six-Minute Networking
- The People’s Court
- How Do Squatter’s Rights Work? Mental Floss
- Record Audio Calls on iPhone and Android, TapeACall Blog
- Recording Phone Calls and Conversations 50 State Survey, Justia
- I Am Mother
- Corbin Payne at Twitter