When a longstanding policy — whether official or not — was a serious tipping point in the decision to accept your current job, are you right to feel like you’ve gotten the old bait-and-switch treatment when it’s axed nine months after you started? If so, how do you engage leadership to renegotiate terms? We’ll tackle this and more on this Feedback Friday!
And in case you didn’t already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Jason DeFillippo (@jpdef) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com. Now let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- If your not-so-close family members are unapologetically crummy to you and your fiance, is it time to cut them out of your life?
- When you don’t click with people your own age, what are the pros and cons of dating someone 17 years older than you?
- Nine months ago, you chose your job over other offers because it had flexible perks that are now being axed. How do you engage leadership to renegotiate terms?
- While networking in your field, you meet the same people at different events. The problem: you remember them, but they don’t remember you. How can you stand out?
- You want to leave factory life behind and relocate closer to your kids, but you’re 40 and don’t have the skills for a different job. What’s your best next step?
- Even though you’re curious about your own genetics, are you right to be wary of the potential privacy concerns that arise from taking a home DNA test?
- You’re speaking at a conference on behalf of your company where many industry leaders will be attending. How can you best network during your time offstage?
- You’ve lost respect for a friend who would rather waste their money than repay an old debt. Is this resolvable, or is it time for the friendship to move on?
- Life Pro Tip: Don’t just thank someone when they do something for you. Tell them what it means to you. Example: Rather than saying “Thanks for the ride,” say “Thanks for the ride! You saved me a bunch of time. You saved me a bunch of phone calls. You saved me a bunch of effort. I really appreciate it!”
- A quick shoutout to Tomas Conefrey for his kind donation!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Better Help offers affordable, online counseling at your convenience. If you’re coping with depression, stress, anxiety, addiction, or any number of issues, you’re not alone. Talk with a licensed professional therapist for 10 percent off your first month at betterhelp.com/jordan!
Nobull makes training footwear, apparel and accessories for people who train hard every day and don’t believe in excuses. Visit nobullproject.com/harbinger to get your simple, durable, and functional gear today!
Vistaprint helps small business owners create expertly designed, up-to-date custom marketing — the assortment of products they need to look and feel professional, prepared and plugged in. Go to vistaprint.com/jordan for 500 high-quality, custom business cards starting at $9.99!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Got cats? Breathe easy when maintaining the litter box with Arm & Hammer’s Cloud Control dander shield technology. Plus get the confidence of guaranteed seven-day odor control. Find it in a store near you or learn more about it here!
22 Hours: An American Nightmare is a true crime dive into a chilling case. A D.C. power couple, their 10-year-old son, and housekeeper held hostage for nearly 24 hours and murdered inside a burning D.C. mansion. WTOP examines the complicated trail of evidence that police say led to finding their killer and why they say he committed such a brutal crime. Find out what happened next here on PodcastOne!
Resources from This Episode:
- Chelsea Handler | Life Will Be the Death of Me, TJHS 216
- Matthew Schrier | How to Survive in a Secret Syrian Terrorist Prison, TJHS 217
- How to Deliver Bad News (and Not Be the Bad Guy) by Jordan Harbinger
- Tragedy Of The Commons, Investopedia
- Deep Dive | The Five Keys to Being Unforgettable, TJHS 109
- How to Make People Remember You by Jordan Harbinger
- Six-Minute Networking
- Texas HVAC Certification, License and Training Schools, HVAC Training 101
- DNA Testing? You Might Want to Wait for More Legal Protection, Bloomberg Law
- Genetic Information Privacy, Electronic Frontier Foundation
- What We Know about the Golden State Killer Case, One Year after a Suspect Was Arrested, CNN
- How Cambridge Analytica Sparked the Great Privacy Awakening, Wired
- Feedback Friday | Borrowing and Loaning Money Without Losing Friends, TJHS 29
- David Burkus | How to Become a Networking Superconnector, TJHS 36