Enduring your bipolar mother’s hypochondria your entire life has made you neglectful of your own health. Now she won’t stop meddling in your medical business since you were recently sent to the ER with an undiagnosed condition. How can you get your mother to back off without completely ruining your already strained relationship? We’ll dig into this and more here on Feedback Friday!
And in case you didn’t already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Gabriel Mizrahi (@GabeMizrahi) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Now let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- Have you played The Jordan Harbinger Show Bingo yet? Thanks to the work of a fellow dedicated listener, now you can!
- Your bipolar hypochondriac mom won’t stop meddling in your medical affairs. How can you get her to back off without completely ruining your already strained relationship? [Thanks to clinical psychologist Dr. Erin Margolis for helping us field this one!]
- You’ve noticed the bad influence of an older neighborhood kid rubbing off on your six-year-old daughter, and having met his emotionally volatile parents, you see the bad apple didn’t fall far from the tree. How can you minimize the effects of this negative behavior without being needlessly punitive toward these children?
- Are you experiencing “early-onset imposter syndrome” because you’re worried about lazy habits picked up during quarantine stunting the level of overachievement that got you into law school?
- You were laid off one day before your last retirement accrual through the company’s employee stock ownership plan. You’re doing well enough financially, but you’re rightfully angry to have been cheated out of this benefit in such an underhanded manner. Do you have any legal recourse, and should you pursue it? [Thanks to once-adversary, now-friend, and attorney Jeremy Golan for helping us with this one!]
- Your late father was a much-loved pillar of the community, and everyone in town had their own story about how he had come through for them in their time of need. Does Six-Minute Networking advise a way to responsibly enjoy this inherited social capital without coming off like a petulant so-and-so?
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Gabriel on Twitter at @GabeMizrahi.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Please Scroll Down for Featured Resources and Transcript!
Resources from This Episode:
- Daniel Kahneman | When Noise Destroys Our Best of Choices | Jordan Harbinger
- Dacher Keltner | The Power Paradox | Jordan Harbinger
- The Jordan Harbinger Show Bingo Card
- Dr. Erin Margolis | Thrive Psychology Group
- Bipolar Disorder Symptoms and Causes | Mayo Clinic
- Illness Anxiety Disorder Symptoms and Causes | Mayo Clinic
- Mental Health and Substance Use Information You Can Trust | Here to Help
- National Institute of Mental Health
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA)
- Raised by Bipolar Parents | Reddit
- Breaking Into My Life: Growing Up with a Bipolar Parent and My Battle to Reclaim Myself by Michelle Dickinson-Moravek | Amazon
- Bipolar Disorder: A Daughter’s Experience | Annals of Family Medicine
- How to Overcome Imposter Syndrome | Deep Dive | Jordan Harbinger
- What Is the Origin of This Quote Attributed to a Navy SEAL? | Quora
- James Clear | Forming Atomic Habits for Astronomic Results | Jordan Harbinger
- BJ Fogg | Tiny Habits That Change Everything | Jordan Harbinger
- Gretchen Rubin | Four Tendencies: The Framework for a Better Life | Jordan Harbinger
- Adam Grant | The Power of Knowing What You Don’t Know | Jordan Harbinger
- Adam Savage | Every Tool’s a Hammer | Jordan Harbinger
- Dr. Drew Pinsky | Give the World the Best You Have Anyway | Jordan Harbinger
- Jeremy Golan | Golan Law
- Implied Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing | Law.com
- Ancient Athenians Used a Jar Filled With Chicken Bones to Curse Their Enemies | Smithsonian Magazine
- Six-Minute Networking
Sign up to receive email updates
Enter your name and email address below and I'll send you periodic updates about the podcast.