Are you a germaphobe if it creeps you out when your spouse and in-laws don’t wash their hands after using the bathroom, or is your disgust actually reasonable and justified? If getting divorced and burning down the house aren’t options, we’ll tell you how to live with unwashed loved ones on this Feedback Friday!
And in case you didn’t already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Jason DeFillippo (@jpdef) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Now let’s dive in!
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- Thanks to an accidental glance at their phone, you suspect one of your parents might be cheating on your other parent. What do you do now?
- You’ve noticed your significant other and in-laws don’t wash their hands after using the bathroom. As a germaphobe, how do you reconcile love with the disgust you’re feeling?
- Though your trustworthy significant other insists the condoms you found in their car were bought before you agreed to stop using them, it’s bothering you. Should you let the issue go?
- How can you deal with the anxiety of starting your own business and accepting the risks and potential setbacks while giving it your all?
- How do you intentionally work your way toward connecting with super influential people like Reid Hoffman when you’re just getting started in your networking efforts?
- Your stay-home spouse admitted recently that they are lonely. How do you foster friendships as an adult — especially when you have infants to take care of?
- The VP of your company wants to advance you, yet worries you may be too young or inexperienced for a higher-up position. What can you do to convince them you’re ready for the position?
- You have a somewhat manipulative boss who is taking a new job and wants to bring you along. Should you take this as an opportunity to continue your professional relationship, or is it just time to move on from his erratic reign?
- Life Pro Tip: If you can’t decide between two items of clothing (like two different jackets), have someone take photos of you with them on (front and back), and then look at the photos.
- Recommendation of the Week: The Black Godfather
- A quick shoutout to Jodie!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
The Hartford Insurance Group knows there’s nothing small in small business, and it’s been protecting customers for over 200 years. Learn what it can do for you and your business at thehartford.com/smallbusiness!
Rocket Mortgage by Quicken Loans. Apply simply. Understand fully. Mortgage confidently. To get started, go to RocketMortgage.com/JORDAN!
Better Help offers affordable, online counseling at your convenience. If you’re coping with depression, stress, anxiety, addiction, or any number of issues, you’re not alone. Talk with a licensed professional therapist for 10 percent off your first month at betterhelp.com/jordan!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Brother INKvestment Tank all-in-one inkjet printers keep your business running by delivering up to one year of printing without the need to replace ink cartridges! Until June 15th, get up to $50 off select INKvestment Tank models by going to inksaleradio.com!
22 Hours: An American Nightmare is a true crime dive into a chilling case. A D.C. power couple, their 10-year-old son, and housekeeper held hostage for nearly 24 hours and murdered inside a burning D.C. mansion. WTOP examines the complicated trail of evidence that police say led to finding their killer and why they say he committed such a brutal crime. Find out what happened next here on PodcastOne!
Resources from This Episode:
- Howie Mandel | A Conversation About Mental Health, Talent, and Perseverance, TJHS 210
- Arthur Brooks | How Loving Your Enemies Can Save America, TJHS 211
- Why Confidence Matters (And How to Get It) by Jordan Harbinger
- FCC Pats Itself on the Back for ‘New’ Robocall Plan That Isn’t New, Has No Real Teeth, Techdirt
- Chinese Robocalls Bombarding the U.S. Are Part of an International Phone Scam, NPR
- 10 Facts To Put Struggling Germaphobes At Ease, Mandatory
- 10 Things to Know Before You Eat Your Next Chicken Dinner, Reveal
- Why You Should Never Wash Raw Chicken, NHS
- Purell Hand Sanitizing Alcohol Wipes
- Better Help
- Scott Galloway | Solving the Algebra of Happiness, TJHS 204
- Are You an Entrepreneur? by Scott Galloway, Gartner
- Mark Manson | Channeling Hope, Choosing Problems, and Changing Values, TJHS 198
- Real Artists Don’t Starve: Timeless Strategies for Thriving in the New Creative Age by Jeff Goins
- Steve Martin: From Standup to Movie Star and Writer, Fresh Air
- How to Build an Edge: Develop Your Talent Stack, Personal Excellence
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life by Mark Manson
- Chicago Sun-Times Lays off All Photographers, The Chicago Tribune
- Reid Hoffman | Mastering Your Scale for the Unexpected Part One, TJHS 207
- Six-Minute Networking
- Whiplash: How to Survive Our Faster Future by Joi Ito and Jeff Howe
- Postpartum Depression Symptoms and Causes, The Mayo Clinic
- How to Make Friends as an Adult by Jordan Harbinger
- The Trans-Siberian Travel Company
- The Briefcase Technique by Ramit Sethi, I Will Teach You to Be Rich
- How to Get Hired Like a Boss | Feedback Friday, TJHS 185
- Rikke Hansen
- How to Start over in a New City by Jordan Harbinger
- The Black Godfather